Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Susan Foreman 15th May 2018 03:17 PM

"***Surprise Announcement***

CANNIBAL FEROX (Umberto Lenzi, 1981)
Format: Blu-ray and DVD
Release date: 25 June 2018

Nearly a decade after initiating the genre with Man From Deep River, director Umberto Lenzi gives the final word on the Italian gut-muncher with his ferocious flesh-feasting masterpiece Cannibal Ferox.
To lay to rest the ‘myth’ of tribal cannibalism, PhD student Gloria (Lorraine De Selle) journeys to the Amazon jungle but things soon go awry when her party encounters sadistic cocaine cowboy Mike (Giovanni Lombardo Radice). Mike is on the run from the hungry locals but all is not what it seems - as the travellers venture into the heart of darkness, they soon discover what it means to be hunted. Cannibal Ferox questions the nature of human atrocity, pulling no punches with its visceral depictions of murder, cannibalism and torture.
Sink your teeth into one of Italian cinema’s most shocking and controversial films, making its UK Blu-ray debut with this tantalising new edition from Shameless.

*Special features*
- UK Blu-ray debut
- Limited numbered edition
- A Taste of the Jungle: an interview with director Umberto Lenzi
- Hell in the Jungle: an interview with Giovanni Lombardo Radice
- Restoration Process for Cannibal Ferox
- Cannibal and Carpet Fitters - a short film from 2015
- Lenzi Photo Gallery

*Specs*
- Duration: 92m 54s
- Resolution: 1080p
- Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1
- Audio: dual mono / LPCM.

Pre-order coming soon!"

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2018 03:20 PM

I was just writing that when you posted it!

Although I have the Grindhouse Releasing set, I'm definitely gonna buy that because it has some potentially very interesting extra features and the lack of animal violence is a bonus.

Susan Foreman 15th May 2018 03:23 PM

According to FB comments, it's only cut by 27 seconds now, but I will believe that when I see the official notification!

Rik 15th May 2018 03:30 PM

No chance of beating the Grindhouse release, but I may pick it up when it’s cheap

Crimson Blade 15th May 2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 575599)
No chance of beating the Grindhouse release, but I may pick it up when it’s cheap

Shame the Grindhouse release is locked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 575598)
According to FB comments, it's only cut by 27 seconds now, but I will believe that when I see the official notification!

1 min 55s according to the BBFC.
CANNIBAL FEROX | British Board of Film Classification

Rik 15th May 2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 575601)
Shame the Grindhouse release is locked.

1 min 55s according to the BBFC.

CANNIBAL FEROX | British Board of Film Classification

Yeah, I sometimes forget that one is locked because I’m fairly sure Holocaust isn’t :nod:

Susan Foreman 15th May 2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 575601)

Don't forget that Shameless argued the toss with the BBFC with regards to 'Cannibal Holocaust', and got the cuts reduced to 15 seconds from the original more intensive edits

Crimson Blade 15th May 2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 575602)
Yeah, I sometimes forget that one is locked because I’m fairly sure Holocaust isn’t :nod:

Holocaust is indeed region free. I fully expected their Ferox to be the same, as the previous dvd wasen't locked.

Crimson Blade 15th May 2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 575603)
Don't forget that Shameless argued the toss with the BBFC with regards to 'Cannibal Holocaust', and got the cuts reduced to 15 seconds from the original more intensive edits

If that's the case, i may end up buying it then. Don't normally like cut films, but
there's no better version available for me at the moment.

Nostalgic 15th May 2018 07:19 PM

Very happy with this announcement, have the Another World Entertainment release which is uncut, but will be getting this for extras & the fact that the only way to get it on blu for region B players! Well done, don't listen when people start moaning it's cut, we don't have to sneak it through customs or risk imprisonment (if people remember those days), the BBFC is much improved & we will be able to buy this in the shops at last!
Thank you Shameless!