Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

JAMIOUSE 21st May 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 576092)
The Shameless website still says 18th of May as the shipping date; mine hasn't been sent yet.

Oh I've just had a despatch email!

Prince_Vajda 21st May 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 576091)
I am not entertained by watching living snakes being skinned, a monkey being eaten alive by a snake or a fully conscious monitor lizard being gutted, so previously close my eyes when I know those parts are about to appear on screen. I know the animals are long dead, but I don't want to watch gratuitous and completely unnecessary suffering of sentient creatures if at all possible.

Fair enough. :nod:

Still, those (I agree - completely unnecessary) scenes are part of the final film. It's a different film without those scenes.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 576094)
Fair enough. :nod:

Still, those (I agree - completely unnecessary) scenes are part of the final film. It's a different film without those scenes.

It is, but because I try not to watch them anyway (I'm the same with with all versions of Cannibal Holocaust, even the turtle killing in the re-edited one, Cannibal Ferox, and almost every other cannibal movie with animal torture, Apocalypse Now etc.) I'd prefer a well edited version without obvious scenes where animals are unnecessarily suffering.

Since I read about it, I now I don't particularly feel much like watching Life of Pi again because I know a tiger was mis-treated during its filming.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st May 2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 576096)
Since I read about it, I now I don't particularly feel much like watching Life of Pi again because I know a tiger was mis-treated during its filming.

I never bothered watching it due to hearing about the tiger.

Inspector Abberline 21st May 2018 07:33 PM

?

I think in film terms it would be a fair trade if we got footage of actual people getting eaten and killed by animals,to offset the animal cruelty....take for example someone who bangs on about freedom of speech etc..and feed the f**ker to an alligator while being filmed by a bunch narcissistic numbskulls...and then later on we can argue the toss on a forum about it...just a suggestion...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 576101)
I never bothered watching it due to hearing about the tiger.

I'm not sure why, but I was completely unaware of it until looking into the 4K release. It's one of those instances where knowing about how something was made (a film, TV show, album, book, painting or any other art form) changes the way you feel about it.

I don't think humans would be different even though they have managers, agents and (at least in theory) the capacity to argue with a director or voice their concerns to someone on set, all things an animal can't do.

For example, Ellen Page said she was verbally abused and subjected to homophobic slurs by Brett Ratner on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand, a shoot where she was sexually assaulted by a grip. This has has changed the way I think about the film and reduced the chances of me watching it again any time soon.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st May 2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 576103)
For example, Ellen Page said she was verbally abused and subjected to homophobic slurs by Brett Ratner on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand, a shoot where she was sexually assaulted by a grip. This has has changed the way I think about the film and reduced the chances of me watching it again any time soon.

I didn't need to know all those things about X-Men: The Last Stand to know I'd never watch it again. Watching it once was enough!

Prince_Vajda 21st May 2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 576103)

Why?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 576108)
Why?

Because I'll see Ellen Page on screen and have a nagging thought about whether that scene was before or after she was subjected to homophobic abuse by Brett Ratner, or before or after she was sexually abused by a grip. Knowing things like that took place on a film set tempers my enjoyment of the finished product.

Rik 21st May 2018 08:59 PM

Do you still enjoy watching the Birds knowing now what Hitchcock put Tippi Hedren through during the shoot?