Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2018, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Thought I'd seen the 25th June, there is no point in EVER asking Shameless or Alex Morris a question on Facebook they NEVER reply. It's almost like they have total contempt for their customers. I think everyone has given up expecting Argent to announce a date for Opera.
They posted this earlier regarding Opera:

“Coming soon from our sister label CultFilms! Any idea what this film is from?”

32A1416E-2E7E-48CC-A646-E0B6D31B8E85.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th June 2018, 07:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I am wondering if Suspiria and Opera have played a part in holding up Mountain and Ferox. Mountain was delayed already and having to change the cover delayed it further so I wonder if Shameless / Argent have been concentrating on Opera which has had a knock on effect?
Old 13th June 2018, 07:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I am wondering if Suspiria and Opera have played a part in holding up Mountain and Ferox. Mountain was delayed already and having to change the cover delayed it further so I wonder if Shameless / Argent have been concentrating on Opera which has had a knock on effect?
Whatever the reason, a little transparency wouldn't hurt.
JAMIOUSE likes this.
Old 15th June 2018, 12:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

CANNIBAL FEROX aka ‘Make them Die Slowly’
Format: Blu-ray only
Release date: 30 July
THE MOST VIOLENT FILM EVER MADE - BANNED IN 31 COUNTRIES
A decade on from starting the cannibal genre, director Umberto Lenzi has the final word, pushing the vomit envelope beyond the sick with his utterly nasty, nihilistic apotheosis CANNIBAL FEROX. So unredeemable that its own makers denounced it as 'barbaric'..!
An academic, Gloria (Lorraine De Selle), journeys to the Amazon jungle where things go awry when her party encounters sadistic druggy villain Mike (Giovanni Lombardo Radice aka John Morghen), as the travellers venture further into the heart of darkness, they soon discover what it means to be hunted prey.
CANNIBAL FEROX aka 'Make Them Die Slowly', topped the official Video Nasty list for its raw, graphic scenes of torture, mutilation, murder and cannibalism. This new 2K restoration features new grading which revives for the first time, the original edgy look of the 16mm film stock it was shot on - finally presenting the film as it was first created by director Umberto Lenzi, on location in the Amazonian green inferno.
SPECIAL FEATURES
• Restored and re-graded from a new 2K scan.
• Exclusive, limited edition serial-numbered sleeve
• Unique custom-made, hand-finished Vomit Bag included with each disc: limited edition.
• Collector’s reversible inlay sleeve with original poster artwork
EXTRAS
• Last ever Interview with Director Umberto Lenzi
• New, really outspoken interview by Giovanni Lombardo Radice
• Video piece comparing before and after 2K restoration
• Exclusive photos from director Lenzi’s own archives
SPECS
• Original English audio soundtrack in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 LPCM
• Region B
• Aspect Ratio: widescreen 1:80 16/9
• Video: BD50 / 1080p / 24fps colour
• Audio: 2.0 dual mono LPCM
• Discs: 1 BD50 Dual-layer
• Duration: 93 minutes
• Language: English
Released on Blu-ray on 30 July. Pre-order coming next week!
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th June 2018, 01:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cuts to animal cruelty have apparently been replaced with substitutions..

ALL previous cuts reinstated. The BBFC waived ALL previous cuts relating to violence (by & against humans). Therefore since all previous (non-animal cruelty) cut scenes of gore and torture and mutilations have been reinserted for the first time ever, this is the LONGEST EVER, HARDEST, GORIEST version ever legally published in UK!

However in keeping with UK’s animal cruelty Acts, there are some BBFC trims where some of the more gratuitous (unnecessary) animal torture have been substituted: therefore the animal torture scenes were removed and replaced by other visuals of the exact same duration, seamlessly edited-in, and thereby preserving the original duration of the film.
Old 20th June 2018, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Where does the "number" appear on the cover of mountain of the cannibal god? I see a blank white space which looks like it should have a number on it on the back.
Old 20th June 2018, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Where does the "number" appear on the cover of mountain of the cannibal god? I see a blank white space which looks like it should have a number on it on the back.

Someone asked this on Facebook a couple of weeks back, the only numbered editions were direct from Shameless, if you bought it in HMV etc then they aren’t numbered and (I think) don’t come with a slipcase, which is where the numbers are I believe
Old 20th June 2018, 10:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah the number is printed on the card slipcover, the standard edition just has a blank white box on the back. My local HMV still has some copies sat on the shelves.
Old 20th June 2018, 10:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks, debating ordering Ferox direct vs hmv pickup, might just get it once it hits shelves, unless they get complaints about the cover lol!
Old 2nd July 2018, 03:53 PM
Cult Master

"We're getting prepared to release 'the most violent film ever made' when we inflict CANNIBAL FEROX on you on 30 July. But we care about your wellbeing here at Shameless - that's why each Blu-ray will come with a limited edition barf bag, so you won't ruin your sofa"

JAMIOUSE, Mojo, Demoncrat and 2 others like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!