Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

JAMIOUSE 7th August 2018 06:57 PM

I watched Ferox last night, while it's still an icky experience the reduced animal violence certainly helps. I could have done without the screams of coati as the snake approaches poor little thing. I was surprised how drawn out the actual scene was and that the BBFC didn't want ten seconds or so trimming. The film itself actually looks pretty good considering it's origins. I wonder what Shameless are planning next?

davcol 7th August 2018 07:12 PM

I won't be picking Ferox up though it should sell a few. I'm disappointed with their last few choice of titles and would love to see something obscure given a release.

Crimson Blade 7th August 2018 07:32 PM

I wish they would put a few more gialli out instead. Who Saw Her Die?, would be a great upgrade. Or something more obscure like Death Carries a Cane.

davcol 7th August 2018 07:55 PM

Any gialli I haven't seen would be a purchase. The problem is most releases these days are already out there on other labels. It sucks.

Nostalgic 7th August 2018 09:47 PM

Agreed, would love more gialli, they had such a strong selection when they first arrived on the scene (I guess other labels must be scrambling to get rights like 88 with Watch Me When I kill), but some new ones would be awesome!

Paul Zombie 8th August 2018 12:08 PM

I am still hoping they will release Dellamorte dellamore on bluray as there is a trailer for it on The church. :)

Antropophagus 8th August 2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 584568)
I am still hoping they will release Dellamorte dellamore on bluray as there is a trailer for it on The church. :)

You better wait for another release. I am more than sure it'll be one of their usual hackjobs.

davcol 8th August 2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 584571)
You better wait for another release. I am more than sure it'll be one of their usual hackjobs.

Seems a bit harsh although I'm no blu ray expert.

Paul Zombie 8th August 2018 12:28 PM

i have several of there releases and can't say that i have found anything wrong with them. watched the Church recently and it looks very good. :)

SymbioticFunction 8th August 2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 584574)
i have several of there releases and can't say that i have found anything wrong with them. watched the Church recently and it looks very good. :)

I've bought 3 of their blu-rays: Four Flies On Grey Velvet, The Church & The Sect. The Church was easily the best of those.

Flies had terrible sound issues towards the end (it really should have been recalled and replaced) and The Sect does look really bad, especially if compared to the American or German versions.

Thinking about it, I think 'Cult Films' is the same firm (is that correct?) and I very much liked their recent Suspiria re-issue.