Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

trebor8273 8th August 2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 584634)
I've bought 3 of their blu-rays: Four Flies On Grey Velvet, The Church & The Sect. The Church was easily the best of those.

Flies had terrible sound issues towards the end (it really should have been recalled and replaced) and The Sect does look really bad, especially if compared to the American or German versions.

Thinking about it, I think 'Cult Films' is the same firm (is that correct?) and I very much liked their recent Suspiria re-issue.

They should of really recalled four flies as well as there dellamorte dellamore dvd. Just dreadful customer service on their part.

Paul Zombie 8th August 2018 04:52 PM

I have The church, Strange vice of mrs ward, Almost human and The sect as well. these all looked perfectly fine to me including The sect, but then again i'm not into all the technical stuff i just enjoy the movies and to my eye they look okay.

and i have the Suspiria release you mentioned as well and that is very good indeed.

Antropophagus 8th August 2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 584650)
I have The church, Strange vice of mrs ward, Almost human and The sect as well. these all looked perfectly fine to me including The sect, but then again i'm not into all the technical stuff i just enjoy the movies and to my eye they look okay.

and i have the Suspiria release you mentioned as well and that is very good indeed.

All those titles you've mentioned have much better releases from other labels.

Paul Zombie 8th August 2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 584658)
All those titles you've mentioned have much better releases from other labels.

maybe they do. But i simply cannot afford to keep upgrading films for better versions all the time. No doubt the versions you have mentioned will be bettered again in the future as well.

Crimson Blade 8th August 2018 07:22 PM

Probably when they inevitably get UHD releases :lol:

But i think i'm all formatted out now :laugh:

g053584398 11th August 2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 576152)
I always differentiate between the artist and his or her work.

What happened during the shooting? Is the producer a pervert? Have animals been killed on set?

Seriously, I couldn't care less.

Maybe Egon Schiele had a relationship with a minor (we don't know for sure) - should we ignore his paintings?

Richard Wagner was an anti-Semite (that's a fact) - does this change his music?

Harvey Weinstein sexually exploited many women - is Pulp Fiction a different film now?

I think that these things are complex and depend upon your personal morality and/or your ability to distance yourself from the idea of art and the creator of art. I'm a big fan of Klaus Kinski's work as an actor even though I've read at least one pretty disturbing allegation about his relationship with a specific individual. I appreciate Roman Polanski as a director even though I don't approve of some of his actions. I'm able to distance myself in that way.

When it comes to the abuse, torture and murder of animals, however, that is something that I can't tolerate because as human beings we are supposed to be compassionate in my opinion. The only caveat that I would add to that would be the cutting of old westerns in terms of horse falls that were never cut originally, and that is something that I see as pointless.

g053584398 11th August 2018 06:48 PM

I would love to see them release more gialli on Blu-ray, especially unreleased examples.

davcol 14th August 2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 584992)
I would love to see them release more gialli on Blu-ray, especially unreleased examples.

Yeah me too their best releases tend to be gialli. It's been years since they released something interesting.

g053584398 14th August 2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 585201)
Yeah me too their best releases tend to be gialli. It's been years since they released something interesting.

I think that, as other people have said, 88 Films seem to have occupied the area of the UK market that Shameless once held.

Susan Foreman 12th September 2018 06:41 AM

"This is of grave importance. We'll be making an announcement about an upcoming Blu-ray release today at 3pm

What do you think it is?"

Surely it can't be an uncut 'I Spit On Your Grave', could it?