Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2018, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
I have The Church, Almost Human, Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, All The Colours of The Dark and The Sect. and they all looked perfectly fine to me on bluray.

I think that some people are far too anal about a lot of releases.
I agree, while we want good releases and the next gen pic quality suppose to be better than the last I can see where people complain if it isn't or not quite up to scratch, but if you get a film where say there a fault that last 2 3 secs but eveything else is OK then its fine to point it out but no need to make a huge fuss over it as if its ruined you watching the film then moan about rebuying from a different company, I've got a film (can't remember which I try then dig it out ) on blu ray its that crap I've seen better vhs quality never mind DVD standard .
Paul Zombie likes this.

Last edited by gag; 8th November 2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 8th November 2018, 12:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

With all due respect if you people think Shameless releases are perfectly fine you should stick to collecting DVDs. Anyway, I won't continue this discussion anymore, it's your money you are spending on those shitty releases. I know I won't. And if this is a perfectly fine HD presentation of The Sect, I really don't know wat to say.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=9654&d2=9563&c=3859
Old 8th November 2018, 01:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

maybe I'm not technically minded enough, but The Sect looks fine to me.
Compared to the old dvd I have it is night and day in comparison.
Old 8th November 2018, 02:33 PM
Cult Addict

I'm not a fan of Shameless for other reasons and the only blu of theirs I have is The Church but it looks and sounds excellent.

Last edited by J Harker; 8th November 2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 8th November 2018, 09:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

All Shameless releases I have are fine, haven't noticed any glitches, audio or visual, generally enjoying the films themselves & not obsessing over technical details. The amount of obscure Euro titles they have made easily available in the uk is fantastic.
Let's be grateful we have these films & stop worrying if the picture & sound quality are going to be akin to Blade Runner 2049.
Old 9th November 2018, 09:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon!

I’m not normally that bothered about picture quality etc, I never saw the problem with Arrows first release of COTLD and can’t tell the difference with the new version, but that god awful stuttering in Shameless’s Cemetery Man DVD (and now BD it seems) is so bad that I’ve not watched the film in about 5 years. Also, the loud pop at the end of Four Flies (BD only) nearly damaged my speakers when I rented the film from Lovefilm

Still, none of their releases are as bad as the Ultimate Hunter Predator Blu Ray
g053584398 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th November 2018, 01:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m not normally that bothered about picture quality etc, I never saw the problem with Arrows first release of COTLD and can’t tell the difference with the new version, but that god awful stuttering in Shameless’s Cemetery Man DVD (and now BD it seems) is so bad that I’ve not watched the film in about 5 years. Also, the loud pop at the end of Four Flies (BD only) nearly damaged my speakers when I rented the film from Lovefilm

Still, none of their releases are as bad as the Ultimate Hunter Predator Blu Ray
I'm not too particular but I do disagree on COTLD. The original release was hands down the worst transfer Arrow have ever put out. I thought my old Vipco dvd had better picture quality.
Old 9th November 2018, 04:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

I can hear the soundtrack fault on Four Flies but it is not really that bad on my set up/my copy?
The fault is not there on the Italian audio.

It's still not right though.
Old 9th November 2018, 06:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I wish they would start to issue their Blu-rays on 50GB discs instead of 25GB ones. They could then increase the file sizes, thereby reducing the level of compression, increase the bitrate and increase the image quality of the films that they release. Having said that the ones that I've seen don't look too bad, it is just that they could look better with a little more thought and effort.
Old 9th November 2018, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Again with the 'stutter' on Cemetery Man.

WHEREABOUTS??

I see no stutter. Or rather I witness nonesuch.

Maybe people need to clean their players???

Next ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!