Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Justin101 9th November 2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 592121)
Again with the 'stutter' on Cemetery Man.


WHEREABOUTS??

I see no stutter. Or rather I witness nonesuch.

Maybe people need to clean their players??? :laugh:

Next ....

It's to do with the NTSC to PAL conversion meaning that frames are missing, it'd be most noticable when the camera pans. It was on the old DVD as well as the new BD.

I had the Italian disc and that was fine. The film is crap though :lol:

Demoncrat 9th November 2018 06:30 PM

Okay. I will watch it again tomorrow then. Thanks ...

Susan Foreman 11th November 2018 06:55 PM

The Case Of The Bloody Iris | DVD Compare

"A solid if unremarkable disc of a fondly remembered Fenech-Hilton giallo set amongst the wealthy with great settings and a top notch Bruno Nicolai score. Sound is solid, picture is acceptable but I'm surprised to see this is from a new 2K master. It's a definite improvement on the DVDs but could this be improved upon. A 4K restoration by the team at Arrow would work wonders with the Techniscope source. Extras are brief but on point. An Alan Jones-Kim Newman-Mikal J. koven commentary would've been perfect here"

The Film: B-
Video: C+
Audio: A
Extras: C+
Overall: B

JAMIOUSE 20th November 2018 10:27 AM

Has anyone bought Strange Case yet? Is the image as bad / scanner noise as the original reviews were making out?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th November 2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 592697)
Has anyone bought Strange Case yet? Is the image as bad / scanner noise as the original reviews were making out?

I bought it from HMV this morning but it's still in the plastic wrap.

g053584398 20th November 2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 592697)
Has anyone bought Strange Case yet? Is the image as bad / scanner noise as the original reviews were making out?

Do you mean The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh? It is a good quality release. I literally watched it a couple of days or so ago.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th November 2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 592705)
Do you mean The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh? It is a good quality release. I literally watched it a couple of days or so ago.

I thought he meant The Case of the Bloody Iris which was released yesterday. I'm not sure why, but I haven't bought The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh yet. As it is in the 2 for £25 at Zavvi, that that works out as a good price and certainly cheaper than anywhere else, and I'll probably buy it before the week is out.

JAMIOUSE 20th November 2018 08:11 PM

Yeah meant Case of the Bloody Iris, itís in my rental list but if itís any good I was going to just buy. Strange Vice I bought when it came out, itís okay pq wise.

g053584398 20th November 2018 08:24 PM

When I watched The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh blu-ray the other day I was quite impressed. I paused the image at various points to look for compression artefacts, largely because I'm a boring bastard, and it appears to feature less compression than the other Shameless discs that I've seen.

The old NoShame DVD looked good at the time but the Shameless blu-ray looks considerably better. Must sell that old NoShame disc!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st November 2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 592743)
When I watched The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh blu-ray the other day I was quite impressed. I paused the image at various points to look for compression artefacts, largely because I'm a boring bastard, and it appears to feature less compression than the other Shameless discs that I've seen.

The old NoShame DVD looked good at the time but the Shameless blu-ray looks considerably better. Must sell that old NoShame disc!

I have that DVD, so everything you've said has pointed me in the way of upgrading it to the Shameless Blu-ray release.

:thankingyou:


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.