Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2018, 02:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Torso artwork is absolute rubbish. but at least you have the option to reverse it to the good artwork.
Old 23rd November 2018, 08:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I bought the latest Screamtime,sorry Shameless release today.

Looks like a nice release.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th November 2018, 08:55 AM
Cult Addict

OK.... My ten cents on shameless as they are now...

When they first started issuing stuff in the DVD era their stuff was always worth buying. Their night train murders was a much better presentation than my old anchor bay DVD. They unearthed stuff like Ratman (i like it, don't judge) and footprints on the moon. However its hard to deny something has gone awry with their blu-ray output. Perhaps its budget? they may only have a certain amount of cash to spend on each release. However the market for physical media has changed. These days its a rush to who has the most features, the best transfers ect ect. Some of the decisions lately have left me puzzled.

Cannibal movies. I would also include 88 here. But even a layman would tell you there is no way these titles would get through uncut. The BBFC inevitably are going to cut them and then fans are going to go nuts on social media.

The church. Looks fine. Not much difference to the scorpion one. I've still bought the 2-disc scorpion one though because it has extras.

The sect. Looks fine. But wrong aspect ration and some issues with the transfer. Here the import releases like German and American (scorpion) releases look better. Apparently shameless accepted a scan that other firms took a pass on here.

Almost human. Looks a bit fuzzy perhaps but is this film grain or scanner noise. I've just punted on the code red release on WOWHD for £14 so we shall see.

Torso. Biggest fail for me. No reason to trade in my older Blue underground release as this had no extras or the two different cuts of the film that one had. Bare bones and an awful cover. Then Arrow released a newly upgraded scan and packed with extras. So why bother buying it?

Dellamorte Dellamore. Shameless told me they couldn't get a HD release so DVD only. I ended up buying the Italian blu-ray. Then they announced it. Again. Why bother? Especially with the bad feedback over the release.

So... I'm upgrading most of the titles Shameless released or I never bothered buying them. The only ones I have now are All the colours of the dark (and i'll be getting the severin release once the standard version is out) that looks fine and Strange vice which again looks good to my eyes. I've got case of the bloody iris but we shall see what happens with that as well.

Arrow, Second run, nucleus, indicator... the uk has some great labels. 88 have issues but seem to be improving. Shameless really needs to up its game. Perhaps secure something genuinely obscure but interesting and then crowdfund a professional restoration.
Old 11th December 2018, 03:35 PM
Cult Master

Not a release announcement, but a 'new' gimmick

"Over seven years ago, Shameless introduced a novel look with some of our packaging design celebrating that early purveyor of home video joy, the VHS!

Starting September 2011, we released a number of boxsets in that theme: a VHS take with SLASHER NASTIES, a Betamax SEXPLOITATION set featuring Rick Melton’s striking artwork and even a Video 2000 with the Shameless POP EROTICA set. In 2014, we unleashed a trilogy of Ruggero Deodato classics including his 'found footage' masterpiece Cannibal Holocaust in DEODATO’S CINEMA OF DEATH, which featured the awesome artwork of Graham Humphreys

In 2019, Shameless returns to its celebration of the Video Home System with a closer physical reality provided by new packaging technologies: this is the first glimpse of our Yell’o® VHS branded boxes.

As originally featured in our evocative home video tapes-inspired outings, the new Shameless Yell’o® VHS branded boxes will be peppered with epoch-evoking stickers - which Shameless collectors will know - such as “Please Be Kind & Rewind” and other (we hope) smile-inducing touches in the same ilk, harking back to all our early video days.

There’ll be more nostalgic yet tongue-in-cheek stuff which we’ll uncover little by little and we hope fans will enjoy discovering the surprises both on and inside the packaging.

The Yell’O® home video label is celebrating its fans, its origins, its passion and future. 2019 will bring a new-look Shameless with these VHS-inspired boxes as well as radical surprises across the our general Yell’O® packaging.

But for now we'd like our fans and customers to have a say at what we should place in our first Yell’O® VHS tape... so let us know what you'd like to see!"

Justin101 and platostotal like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th December 2018, 05:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Ripping off HMV'S vhs collection now.

I won't be buying any of these as the packaging is awfully clunky.
Justin101 and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 11th December 2018, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

TORSO-With this artwork.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg De8j-LQVQAE-Oei.jpg (99.5 KB, 12 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th December 2018, 12:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ripping off HMV'S vhs collection now.

I won't be buying any of these as the packaging is awfully clunky.
Yep, but if they stick 3-4 discs in that VHS case ala 'Giallo set' or the like I might go for that, I really liked the Bronx triple tin so that would appeal a lot more than a single film.
Old 7th February 2019, 06:28 AM
Cult Master

Time to start getting excited everyone

Apparently there is 'a new Shameless release coming soon'...but there are no clues as to what it is, or when it's coming out!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th February 2019, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The only issue with Shameless releasing something new is that's it's a title neither Arrow or 88 haven't got!
Old 7th February 2019, 08:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
The only issue with Shameless releasing something new is that's it's a title neither Arrow or 88 haven't got!
It only happens twice a year.

Like this? Share it using the links below!