Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2019, 06:54 PM
Cultist

When I heard that Shameless had the rights to THE BEYOND it was something I hoped wouldn't happen, like has been mentioned I too was hoping that Arrow would release special editions of both The Beyond and House by the cemetery to go with their excellent edition of City of the living dead, unfortunately this is now out of the window, I wonder if Zombie flesh eaters will go the same way, as a special edition of this is crying out for a U.K release, so i'm not sure if I will pick up this edition of the BEYOND as I already have the Arrow release.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th April 2019, 07:30 PM
Active Cultist

How many editions can people have from the same movie? Just taking money from collectors & etc..
Old 8th April 2019, 08:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
How many editions can people have from the same movie? Just taking money from collectors & etc..
I'm guilty of buying multiple releases of my faves (Fulci's 4 zombie pictures & Romero's Dead trilogy plus Re Animator 1&2 being the main culprits), and I agree, we ALL have these films in pristene prints from whatever company, they can't keep polishing them up a bit & people keep buying them.
How many copies of these things do we need? Who cares that shameless have the beyond? It's like if shameless released John Carpenter's The Thing, who cares? The Arrow one is out there! Done!
Old 8th April 2019, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict

Personally i'm not too worried as long as i've got an uncut print of a film. I'll upgrade when the definite definite spankly ultra edition comes out, maybe five years from now before everything goes all netflix, streaming shite.

As far as i can see at the moment everyones just milking the money cow. I'd rather have something that's unusual and interesting, release something unique and interesting and i'll buy it, F*ck 5 versions of the beyond when i can buy something new to watch.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 8th April 2019, 11:36 PM
Cult Addict

On the subject of upgrading the upgrade i would just like to put out the fact that company's are focusing on re-releasing shit that already has a good print going around over releasing new films that need a good copy.

For instance there is a lot of stuff such as "Let's scare Jessica to death" that could be upgraded but ****wit companies are focusing on the umpteenth version of Tenebrae or cannibal holocaust.

Even classics are being overlooked for these films i feel.

I F*ckin hate The godfather and all that gangster shite but i don't see people doing a 5 disc version of that or Taxi driver etc in a box.

They're dead, they're all messed up.

Somethin' ain't right in toytown.

Justin101, keirarts and MrBarlow like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 9th April 2019, 07:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
To my mind, they are the only good thing about Shameless now!

Said it before, and I'll say it again: The worst thing Arrow ever did was getting rid of the white cases
I'm picking and choosing Shameless titles so I'm not in it for the complete collection.
Blu ray wise, I jumped from Four Flies On Grey Velvet (4) The Church (5) to Torso (9). The Torso spine has a small hacksaw picture on but I'm not sure if it was a spine build from the releases before or that new releases have a small picture for each individual release?
Once Arrow stopped releasing the slip case white boxes, what was the last release in a normal white format with the same spine font. I am thinking Black Sabbath looking at my collection.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th April 2019, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I always says what point of releasing a film thats had umpteen releases from various different companies when in reality there is nothing wrong with some of the releases out there , if I'm happy with a film and version I've got I'm not arsed about buying something again for sake of a few min documentary or a couple of extras etc . I'd rather concentrate on buying stuff I've not got . Do I have some film twice or three times yes , but that's only if I happen to stumble on them in a charity shop or car boot for a mere £1 or £2 .
Old 9th April 2019, 12:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Maybe I'm just a sad bastard but I'll buy a copy of a film I already have multiple times for new artwork or a different poster if I love the film it's fun to see how some of my favorite films have been released over the years and love to have them if I can. I'm sure I am not alone here.

If this release of the Beyond has cool or different artwork I'm sure I'll pick it up cheap eventually.
Old 9th April 2019, 02:35 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Maybe I'm just a sad bastard but I'll buy a copy of a film I already have multiple times for new artwork or a different poster if I love the film it's fun to see how some of my favorite films have been released over the years and love to have them if I can. I'm sure I am not alone here.

If this release of the Beyond has cool or different artwork I'm sure I'll pick it up cheap eventually.
LOL, I don't think you are a sad bastard - I understand people buying the same movie because they are fans of a certain movie - for e.g. myself I love A Nightmare on Elm street, I have a boxset with all the movies, but if someone one day puts out a special edition with Freddy Krugger claw, skin or a box full of gasoline, they can take my money.

My idea was more "so many movies out there" that need a proper treatment why focus on something that is already out there in a good transfer.
keirarts and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 9th April 2019, 02:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

i am perfectly happy with the arrow release of The Beyond and have no interest whatsoever in buying this. Would have preferred shameless to put out Footprints on The moon or some type of giallo.

Like this? Share it using the links below!