Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Rik 11th April 2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601495)
It amuses me that this disc will have the black and white opening sequence.

When i think of all the shit Arrow took on here for their mistake in using that and not the sepia tint when they first released it.

What's next? A directors cut of Zombie Flesh Eaters without the boat scenes.

Arrow, unlike Shameless actually rectified the problem though, they didn't ban members from their Facebook group for commenting on their mistake or turn the comments off/delete comments by those asking if they'll sort it, blatantly ignoring the issue like it doesn't exist.
That's the main reason why a lot of people (fanboys not included) don't trust them to release a fart after a curry let alone what is considered by many Fulci's best film :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 601497)
Arrow, unlike Shameless actually rectified the problem though, they didn't ban members from their Facebook group for commenting on their mistake or turn the comments off/delete comments by those asking if they'll sort it, blatantly ignoring the issue like it doesn't exist.
That's the main reason why a lot of people (fanboys not included) don't trust them to release a fart after a curry let alone what is considered by many Fulci's best film :nod:

Do Shameless still have fan boys?

Speaking for myself, the last one of theirs i got was The Sect and that was at least two years ago. That's because i refuse to double dip constantly on films and Shameless just seem to purely do re-releases nowadays.

Rik 11th April 2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601498)
Do Shameless still have fan boys?

Speaking for myself, the last one of theirs i got was The Sect and that was at least two years ago. That's because i refuse to double dip constantly on films and Shameless just seem to purely do re-releases nowadays.

Going by the comments on their latest FB announcement, yeah.
Last release I got was Cannibal Ferox (because it was cheap) and I turned it off after about 10 minutes because the green tint looked ****ing awful, watched the rest of the film via the far superior Grindhouse blu :nod:

WowBobWow 11th April 2019 11:50 AM

Just releasing titles isn't enough when you have other labels putting time and effort into their titles. Obviously Arrow are now pretty big so can afford to go the extra mile, but 88 Films are smallish, at least they put effort in. I'll reward effort.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WowBobWow (Post 601500)
Just releasing titles isn't enough when you have other labels putting time and effort into their titles. Obviously Arrow are now pretty big so can afford to go the extra mile, but 88 Films are smallish, at least they put effort in. I'll reward effort.

Well, it depends on the title really.

If it's something that's never seen the light of day before i don't really give a stuff about extras or slip covers, but if it's something thats has had multiple releases on disc then i agree. However in defence of Shameless this does appear to be the most extras The Beyond has ever had.

Justin101 11th April 2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601504)
Well, it depends on the title really.

If it's something that's never seen the light of day before i don't really give a stuff about extras or slip covers, but if it's something thats has had multiple releases on disc then i agree. However in defence of Shameless this does appear to be the most extras The Beyond has ever had.

The Arrow release of The Beyond had 7 interview/featurettes on it and 2 comm tracks. It was a pretty stacked 2 disc edition. I just remember it not looking brilliant, not as bad as the CotLD blu, but not as good as it should be.

As much praise as it gets, it's not my favourite Fulci, I can live without buying it again.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 601505)
The Arrow release of The Beyond had 7 interview/featurettes on it and 2 comm tracks. It was a pretty stacked 2 disc edition. I just remember it not looking brilliant, not as bad as the CotLD blu, but not as good as it should be.

As much praise as it gets, it's not my favourite Fulci, I can live without buying it again.

It used to be my fave Fulci but i think over watching it didn't do it any favours and i find it pretty boring now.

City of the Living Dead is the exact opposite, bored me back then but i love it now.

Justin101 11th April 2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601506)
It used to be my fave Fulci but i think over watching it didn't do it any favours and i find it pretty boring now.

City of the Living Dead is the exact opposite, bored me back then but i love it now.

We're 2 peas in a pod :lol:

Rik 11th April 2019 01:00 PM

It’s not mine either, that would be ZFE, and I’d only buy that again if Arrow gave it a special edition like City because the BU new special edition is the mutts nuts as far as I’m concerned!

Susan Foreman 11th April 2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WowBobWow (Post 601500)

I thought we were talking about Shameless here!