Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2019, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It amuses me that this disc will have the black and white opening sequence.

When i think of all the shit Arrow took on here for their mistake in using that and not the sepia tint when they first released it.

What's next? A directors cut of Zombie Flesh Eaters without the boat scenes.
Arrow, unlike Shameless actually rectified the problem though, they didn't ban members from their Facebook group for commenting on their mistake or turn the comments off/delete comments by those asking if they'll sort it, blatantly ignoring the issue like it doesn't exist.
That's the main reason why a lot of people (fanboys not included) don't trust them to release a fart after a curry let alone what is considered by many Fulci's best film
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th April 2019, 11:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Arrow, unlike Shameless actually rectified the problem though, they didn't ban members from their Facebook group for commenting on their mistake or turn the comments off/delete comments by those asking if they'll sort it, blatantly ignoring the issue like it doesn't exist.
That's the main reason why a lot of people (fanboys not included) don't trust them to release a fart after a curry let alone what is considered by many Fulci's best film
Do Shameless still have fan boys?

Speaking for myself, the last one of theirs i got was The Sect and that was at least two years ago. That's because i refuse to double dip constantly on films and Shameless just seem to purely do re-releases nowadays.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th April 2019, 11:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Do Shameless still have fan boys?

Speaking for myself, the last one of theirs i got was The Sect and that was at least two years ago. That's because i refuse to double dip constantly on films and Shameless just seem to purely do re-releases nowadays.
Going by the comments on their latest FB announcement, yeah.
Last release I got was Cannibal Ferox (because it was cheap) and I turned it off after about 10 minutes because the green tint looked ****ing awful, watched the rest of the film via the far superior Grindhouse blu
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th April 2019, 11:50 AM
Cultist

Just releasing titles isn't enough when you have other labels putting time and effort into their titles. Obviously Arrow are now pretty big so can afford to go the extra mile, but 88 Films are smallish, at least they put effort in. I'll reward effort.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Old 11th April 2019, 12:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowBobWow View Post
Just releasing titles isn't enough when you have other labels putting time and effort into their titles. Obviously Arrow are now pretty big so can afford to go the extra mile, but 88 Films are smallish, at least they put effort in. I'll reward effort.

Well, it depends on the title really.

If it's something that's never seen the light of day before i don't really give a stuff about extras or slip covers, but if it's something thats has had multiple releases on disc then i agree. However in defence of Shameless this does appear to be the most extras The Beyond has ever had.
Old 11th April 2019, 12:55 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Well, it depends on the title really.

If it's something that's never seen the light of day before i don't really give a stuff about extras or slip covers, but if it's something thats has had multiple releases on disc then i agree. However in defence of Shameless this does appear to be the most extras The Beyond has ever had.
The Arrow release of The Beyond had 7 interview/featurettes on it and 2 comm tracks. It was a pretty stacked 2 disc edition. I just remember it not looking brilliant, not as bad as the CotLD blu, but not as good as it should be.

As much praise as it gets, it's not my favourite Fulci, I can live without buying it again.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th April 2019, 12:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Arrow release of The Beyond had 7 interview/featurettes on it and 2 comm tracks. It was a pretty stacked 2 disc edition. I just remember it not looking brilliant, not as bad as the CotLD blu, but not as good as it should be.

As much praise as it gets, it's not my favourite Fulci, I can live without buying it again.
It used to be my fave Fulci but i think over watching it didn't do it any favours and i find it pretty boring now.

City of the Living Dead is the exact opposite, bored me back then but i love it now.
Mojo and Justin101 like this.
Old 11th April 2019, 01:00 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
It used to be my fave Fulci but i think over watching it didn't do it any favours and i find it pretty boring now.

City of the Living Dead is the exact opposite, bored me back then but i love it now.
We're 2 peas in a pod
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th April 2019, 01:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It’s not mine either, that would be ZFE, and I’d only buy that again if Arrow gave it a special edition like City because the BU new special edition is the mutts nuts as far as I’m concerned!
Old 11th April 2019, 01:55 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowBobWow View Post

I thought we were talking about Shameless here!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!