Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Susan Foreman 4th October 2020 07:21 PM

'Baba Yaga' (1973) - Coming to Blu-ray from Shameless Films

Release date: October 26th

"This extended edition of BABA YAGA ‘REDUX’ is published for the first time on Blu‐ray with the previously cut scenes reinserted ‐ especially for Shameless ‐ by the film director himself (the reinserted scenes have also been visually improved for this edition). This extended ‐ ‘redux’ ‐ HD release finally does justice to the filmmaker Corrado Farina’s unique original vision"

Extras:
  • Director's own re‐edit of film, now with improved visuals
  • Audio Commentary by author, editor & critic Kat Ellinger
  • Fact Track by The Wilson Bros
  • Corrado Farina Interview and Introduction
  • Two Guido Crepax documentaries by Corrado Farina: COMIC‐STRIP FREUD & COMIC‐STRIP PHOBIA
  • English or Italian audio with subtitles

g053584398 4th October 2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 636873)
'Baba Yaga' (1973) - Coming to Blu-ray from Shameless Films

Release date: October 26th

"This extended edition of BABA YAGA ‘REDUX’ is published for the first time on Blu‐ray with the previously cut scenes reinserted ‐ especially for Shameless ‐ by the film director himself (the reinserted scenes have also been visually improved for this edition). This extended ‐ ‘redux’ ‐ HD release finally does justice to the filmmaker Corrado Farina’s unique original vision"

Extras:
  • Director's own re‐edit of film, now with improved visuals
  • Audio Commentary by author, editor & critic Kat Ellinger
  • Fact Track by The Wilson Bros
  • Corrado Farina Interview and Introduction
  • Two Guido Crepax documentaries by Corrado Farina: COMIC‐STRIP FREUD & COMIC‐STRIP PHOBIA
  • English or Italian audio with subtitles

It would be good if the theatrical version was also included.

Mojo 5th October 2020 11:22 AM

Good to see Shameless back in the game again. FOOTPRINTS would be a good Blu Ray for them to release.

Justin101 5th October 2020 12:21 PM

That is literally the worst blu-ray cover I have seen for a LONG TIME :lol:
I'll probably still buy it though, it's an interesting film at least.

Rik 5th October 2020 12:26 PM

Can’t see me rushing out to buy it any time soon, my DVD copy has been sat on my shelf still sealed for god knows how many years :lol:

And yeah, that is some ****ing awful artwork there, might email them and see if they want me to have a bash at drawing their covers, pretty sure I can do a better job than that :lol:

Justin101 5th October 2020 12:40 PM

I get the feeling that it's a clear plastic cover like The Beyond was, so it'll look even worse in person.
I realised later that it's supposed to be a camera :lol:

Nostalgic 5th October 2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 636920)

In an age where nostalgic (see what I did there?) Film fans want better & better versions of stuff, artwork can be a key factor in getting people to buy it.

I don't like either of the Dellamorte Dellamore options, they look like photcopies out of some fanzine from the 90's.

Does the Beyond have reversable art does anyone know?

Justin101 5th October 2020 05:30 PM

It doesn't have reversible art because it's printed on clear plastic, you can actually see right through it to the disc underneath. It looks awful!

trebor8273 5th October 2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 636920)

It is, looks like someone got their kid too do it on paint, and I would say a kid of about 5

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2020 08:00 PM

Although i'm not keen on the cover personally i understand why it's been done.

The movie after all is based on an Italian comic book about a photographer so both those are referenced as is the fetish doll aspect in the lens of the camera.

To be honest i've seen a hell of a lot worse - Hello Arrow, Shout Factory and others.