Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

g053584398 22nd April 2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 669716)
I bet you never order direct again then.

No I definitely won't. I'll still buy their Blu-rays from other online retailers though, albeit through slightly gritted teeth.

Susan Foreman 30th May 2022 04:51 PM

"Lucio Fulci's infamous Italian Southern Gothic supernatural horror THE BEYOND (1981) is now available to purchase on Blu-Ray in our Shameless signature Yell’O case"

Pre-order available from Shameless Films direct - £13:50

Release date: June 13

"Fulci’s most famous and important film and one of the most iconic seminal and fan-favourite Horror-slasher: When jaded New Yorker (Catriona MacColl) inherits a New Orleans hotel, she calls on unflappable local doctor (David Warbeck) to contain the inexplicable, and increasingly gory accidents that are plaguing the old building. Only to discover it is the “Gate of Hell”!

One of the most iconic and seminal Horror cum-slasher film to come out of Italy. THE BEYOND is by fan-favourite director Lucio Fulci. Always at the top of imdb rating, it is acknowledged as Fulci’s most famous and important film.

When jaded New Yorker (Catriona MacColl) inherits a New Orleans hotel, she calls on unflappable local doctor (David Warbeck) to contain the inexplicable, and increasingly gory surreal accidents that are plaguing the old building and its grounds. But soon the ‘Gates of Hell’ themselves open under the hotel, rendering their fight futile and their flight impossible as the Living Dead emerge to walk the earth.

Presented for first-time ever from source materials restored in 2K, this Shameless Blu-ray edition is a unique world-first as it presents 4 different prologue versions of the iconic film-opening, which seamlessly branch into the rest of the film without interruption, thereby enabling the viewer to select a different version of the film-opening:

For this edition, Shameless produced 4 versions showing (1) the standard sepia (2) the B&W version from which was made the aforementioned standard sepia seen on other releases. Also, here, (3) the original colour camera footage, from which, uniquely, (4) a new golden tone version is proffered – with reference to considerations from Director Lucio Fulci and cinematographer Salvati themselves.

These considerations by Director Lucio Fulci and cinematographer Salvati can be heard in one of the many extras featured on the Blu-ray where we hear “we removed the colour from the torches to create atmosphere… opted for the soft yellow, almost golden filter to enhance the lights… discarded the usual sepia.”

It is the 1st time that this type of toning of the opening prequel is shown where the resulting visuals are far more vivid, where the reds of the gore are strikingly visible and the lights are more luminous."

Special features and specs:
  • Interviews with Cinzia Monreale, Michele Mirabella and Giorgio Mariuzzo
  • The Beyond prologue four-way comparison
  • Sergio Salvati audio commentary
  • Catriona McCall and David Warbeck audio commentary
  • Lucio Fulci banter on set
  • Distributor: Shameless Screen Entertainment
  • Certificate: 18
  • Running time: 88’ UNCUT
  • Cat No: SHAM220
  • Barcode: 5060162232201
  • 1080p HD
  • Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
  • Region Code Bluray: B
  • Audio: English and Italian with English subs
  • Original Release: 1981
  • Director: Lucio Fulci
  • Stars: Catriona McCall, David Warbeck, Cinzia Monreale, Michele Mirabella.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2022 04:59 PM

Is this a serious announcement. Re-releasing something in a different coloured case.

Wow! Arrow have a lot to learn from the masters.

Coming soon Battle Royale in a clear case, yellow case, black case, red case and blue case.

Collect them all.

Susan Foreman 30th May 2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671220)
Is this a serious announcement. Re-releasing something in a different coloured case

Amazon UK have it on pre-order as well!

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 671221)
Amazon UK have it on pre-order as well!

Funny thing is that following watching City of the Living Dead the other week i did fancy picking up The Beyond and a couple of other Fulci's on Blu so there's a good chance i'll actually get this. :lol:

Justin101 30th May 2022 05:26 PM

Although the picture is actually pretty good I believe that the sound quality is terrible which will sound worse the better your speaker system is. It’s echoey and metallic sounding so it might better to not buy this particular one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 671223)
Although the picture is actually pretty good I believe that the sound quality is terrible which will sound worse the better your speaker system is. It’s echoey and metallic sounding so it might better to not buy this particular one.

Interesting. Good to know. :thankingyou:

Which version if any do you have?

Dave 30th May 2022 06:29 PM

New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon!

“Shameless signature Yell’O case” is Shameless speak for Standard Edition. The Grindhouse and Arrow BD’s are good enough for me minus the intro gimmick.

Justin101 30th May 2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671224)
Interesting. Good to know. :thankingyou:

Which version if any do you have?

The Arrow one, not a great release but it looks and sounds fine. I believe that the Grindhouse edition is still the best one, but I’m sure I’ve heard on the grapevine that there is a new American edition coming fairly soon. Don’t know which label or when.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 671228)
The Arrow one, not a great release but it looks and sounds fine. I believe that the Grindhouse edition is still the best one, but I’m sure I’ve heard on the grapevine that there is a new American edition coming fairly soon. Don’t know which label or when.

The Digital Fix says the Shameless release is the best picture wise. But those sound issues..uggh!

I'm not paying £30 for the Grindhouse release. I don't like it that much.