Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

bedorca 27th July 2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 260749)
Ding-ding-ding!

The official announcement is now up! http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/curr...tml#post260744 Horray!

I'll scroll through this thread in just a sec to find out exactly who guessed the films first :)

I call dead heat for House with Laughing Windows as myself and Tarpot posted at exactly the same time :nod:

Hawkmonger 27th July 2012 01:08 PM

I guessed Amsterdamned but I believe Sawyer got there before me.:peep:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 260783)
I call dead heat for House with Laughing Windows as myself and Tarpot posted at exactly the same time :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 260785)
I guessed Amsterdamned but I believe Sawyer got there before me.:peep:

Urgh! It's been one of those days where your so busy it feels like breathing is wasting your time :laugh: So, sorry about the delay in announcing the winners!

The first to guess House With The Laughing Windows was indeed TarPot and Sawyer6 was clever enough to guess Amsterdamned correctly! Nicely done!

Bedorca, that's very true! You did both post at the same time. I'll see what Shameless say, though I doubt it'll be a problem :)

TarPot 27th July 2012 02:41 PM

I've won something?!!! I never win.

This is a big moment for me!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarPot (Post 260811)
I've won something?!!! I never win.

This is a big moment for me!

I've lost count of the amount of times that's happened on Cult Labs :)

Well done TarPot - very well deserved!

Angel 1st August 2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 260245)
They'll judge the scene by the film as a whole and with it being very mean spirited with a focus on sexual violence (the constant sexual humiliation of Leonora Fani's character, the scissors between the legs, the table scene etc), they'd cut it. NYR was cut for that reason (though I'm always surprised they let the bottle scene through).

Yeah there's no question that Gialla A Venezia would be cut by the BBFC if it was ever submitted. The crotch stabbing will have to go. They cut a similar scene from Dead Time recently. Also I'm pretty sure the rape near the end of the film will require a few trims as it comes across as being very exploitative. It would be interesting to see if they cut the table scene. Or if they did exactly which part would they cut. The scene is not like The New York Ripper which showed a frenzied knife slashing with the blade directed at her breasts or close to it and also the clear enjoyment of the killer at what he was doing. In Venezia, the killer never says a word, there is no screaming as the woman is gagged and only involves a single cut to her leg. What makes the scene worse though is that it contains full frontals. In NYR, topless shots only.

We will probably never know anyway.

The bottle scene in New York Ripper was passed because the woman was clothed.

tele1962 27th October 2012 09:14 AM

Can anyone tell me of any future Blu Ray releases from Shameless and i am in two minds about purchasing Cannibal Holocaust because of the animal cruelty. Any advice or information on these two questions please.:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th October 2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 286901)
Can anyone tell me of any future Blu Ray releases from Shameless and i am in two minds about purchasing Cannibal Holocaust because of the animal cruelty. Any advice or information on these two questions please.:)

There are no Shameless BDs in the pipeline yet (that we're aware of). As for Cannibal Holocaust, it comes with two versions. A near uncut version (just missing a short scene of the musk rat death), which the BBFC insisted was removed. The other version is a new re-edit supervised by Ruggero Deodato, which removes all the animal violence.

tele1962 27th October 2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 286903)
There are no Shameless BDs in the pipeline yet (that we're aware of). As for Cannibal Holocaust, it comes with two versions. A near uncut version (just missing a short scene of the musk rat death), which the BBFC insisted was removed. The other version is a new re-edit supervised by Ruggero Deodato, which removes all the animal violence.

Do you think it is worth a purchase as i am still unsure if i am supporting the director in his decisions regarding the animal cruelty.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th October 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 286906)
Do you think it is worth a purchase as i am still unsure if i am supporting the director in his decisions regarding the animal cruelty.

I suppose it's down the individual. Films like CH are certainly a product of their time. Mondo films were all the rage in the late 1970s and early 1980s, and CH was made to shock and provoke this kind of reaction. I'm in no way an advocator of animal violence, and the scenes actually do sicken me, but I have watched the uncut Cannibal Holocaust more than once, as for me, it represents a slice of cinematic history and an important and interesting time in film's evolution, which nasty as it may be, I wouldn't want to sweep under the carpet and forget it never happened. Sometimes it's healthy to subject yourself to things that you're not comfortable with - but that's just my opinion on things.

If you are dead set against supporting it and/or sickened by watching it, then it might be better avoiding the animal cruelty version. That said, it's not possible to buy one without the other, unless you look at buying an older cut UK release, which in turn will be cut for the rape/human violence too.