Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2020 07:43 PM

Baba Yaga £17.99 HMV on the shelves.

MrBarlow 27th October 2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 638788)
Baba Yaga £17.99 HMV on the shelves.

Will defo take a look at Dundee store tomorrow :devilbanana:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2020 08:46 PM

Was surprised to see it-didn't think it was out for another week or two....

Will buy one on Friday.Will stay out of Glasgow until Friday. :nod:

A TRIP TO HMV EVERY DAY MAKES REAPER A SKINT BOY. A TRIP TO HMV EVERY DAY MAKES REAPER A SKINT BOY.
A TRIP TO HMV EVERY DAY MAKES REAPER A SKINT BOY. A TRIP TO HMV EVERY DAY MAKES REAPER A SKINT BOY.

JAMIOUSE 27th October 2020 11:09 PM

Last week on Facebook Shameless were saying they had an interview with Fulci’s daughter lined up for an upcoming release. What film are they upgrading next, my first thought is Contraband.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2020 09:22 PM

House By The Cemetery?

Can confirm that Baba Yaga has reversible artwork. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2020 09:24 PM

Contraband on BD would be most welcome though!

JAMIOUSE 28th October 2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 638861)
Contraband on BD would be most welcome though!

I rewatched Contraband last night for the first time in years, I’d forgotten how violent and gory it is!
The rumour has been circling around that Shameless has Cemetery but as BU have put two recent editions one in 4K it seems a bit meh. Especially as we know either of the BU releases is going to be better than what Shameless put out.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2020 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:witchbrew:

Susan Foreman 29th October 2020 05:35 PM

"HALLOWEEN SALE NOW LIVE. Get freaky this Samhain with a killer 35% off titles from our website using code GIALLOWEEN35 or get £1.50 digital rentals direct from our website! Head to shameless-films.com to explore... if you dare"

nicholasrope 12th November 2020 10:05 PM

Appears Shameless are releasing The Night Porter on 4K

Justin101 12th November 2020 10:21 PM

It's their sister company Cult Films who release 'proper' world cinema stuff :) I think it's a 4k master rather than an actual 4k disc though.

I've never seen The Night Porter but it's been on my to watch list for years!

nicholasrope 12th November 2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 640077)
It's their sister company Cult Films who release 'proper' world cinema stuff :) I think it's a 4k master rather than an actual 4k disc though.

Fair enough, I saw it on Shameless's Facebook page.

Do 4K Play on normal Blu-ray players or do you need a 4k Player?

Justin101 12th November 2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 640083)
Fair enough, I saw it on Shameless's Facebook page.

Do 4K Play on normal Blu-ray players or do you need a 4k Player?

This one looks like it'll just be a normal bluray, so you don't need a 4k player. It just means that they scanned the film at a 4k resolution to make the disc.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 640077)

NIGHT PORTER is grim,but great.:nod:

dallywhitty 12th November 2020 11:21 PM

The Night Porter is hella good. I've got the Anchor Bay BD, though I haven't watched it in years. Strangely I was introduced to the film via a fan-made music video that somebody had done for an Ultravox track.

Demoncrat 12th November 2020 11:28 PM

The Night Porter and Death In Venice I remember from tv showings. I felt the same whilst watching both (and even bought the ST for DIV :lol: ... that picture ... angelic cough)
Ahem.
Dirk did some strange things. See The Singer Not The Song.

Justin101 13th November 2020 12:17 AM

I love Death in Venice!

Frankie Teardrop 27th December 2020 05:07 PM

Has anyone seen the version of 'Baba Yaga' Shameless put out on Blu recently-ish? Cant find any reviews online at all and was wondering about PQ etc etc.

Inspector Abberline 27th December 2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 642971)
Has anyone seen the version of 'Baba Yaga' Shameless put out on Blu recently-ish? Cant find any reviews online at all and was wondering about PQ etc etc.

you may have already seen this comparison on rewind...

https://www.dvdcompare.net/compariso....php?fid=19974

Frankie Teardrop 27th December 2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 642972)
you may have already seen this comparison on rewind...

https://www.dvdcompare.net/compariso....php?fid=19974

I hadn't - thanks for the intel, Inspector. Might take a blind-ish punt if it contains two versions, but it seems weird that no-one seems to have given it a full on low-down.

Justin101 27th December 2020 08:04 PM

While it's not a full review, someone who bought it has said a few things about it and compared it to the BU version, bottom line was buy the Shameless one if you don't have either, but no need to double dip if you already have the BU.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=3

Frankie Teardrop 27th December 2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 642976)
While it's not a full review, someone who bought it has said a few things about it and compared it to the BU version, bottom line was buy the Shameless one if you don't have either, but no need to double dip if you already have the BU.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=3

Thanks Justin, that's really useful.

Susan Foreman 22nd February 2021 05:39 PM

"Keep your eyes peeled for a new announcement soon"

Dave 22nd February 2021 07:06 PM

Fingers crossed for ‘Oasis of the Zombies’

JAMIOUSE 22nd February 2021 07:54 PM

Probably House by the Cemetery or Contraband.

trebor8273 22nd February 2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 646601)

Just be one of their DVD releases upgraded to blu ray

MrBarlow 26th February 2021 05:07 AM

Wouldn't mind upgrading my dvd version of The House Of The Laughing Windows

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th February 2021 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 646601)

How soon is soon? :eyebrows:

MrBarlow 26th February 2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 646969)
How soon is soon? :eyebrows:

And how long did it take them to release The Beyond, your prediction may be right give or take a few years :lol:

Susan Foreman 14th May 2021 09:51 PM

'VIVA' (2007) - WORLDWIDE BLU-RAY PREMIERE pre-order available from Shameless direct - £16.00

Release date: 31 May (but shipping from our store NOW)

"Bored 70’s LA housewife gets sucked into the sexual revolution. Abandoned by her husband, she goes out to find herself in the middle of the swinging Playboy-era sexual revolution. Looking for love and adventure, she explores modeling, prostitution, bisexuality, bohemia and ends in a climatic orgy – all in a color-soaked tribute to the period’s sexploitation films.

Shameless raises the curtain on the 70s sexual revolution with The Love Witch director Anna Biller's exquisite tapestry reimagining the titillation of the era. Defying the preconceptions of so-called skin flicks, VIVA (2007) is underpinned by bold and cheeky irony, yet the dead-pan tone never passes any moral-judgement.

Barbi, played by Anna, is a bored Los Angeles housewife who yearns for a life beyond suburban ennui. After a quarrel with her husband, she reinvents herself as Viva, and dives into an odyssey of sexual liberation. Encountering swingers’ clubs, brothels and psychedelic hippy communes, her awakening climaxes in a spectacular drug-fuelled orgy!

This world's first Blu-ray release of VIVA, made with HD materials provided by the director herself, we're proud to do justice to this exquisitely detailed film and its eye-popping production design, inspired by period Playboy magazines.

ANNA BILLER’S VIVA DIRECTOR‘S STATEMENT

In the film VIVA, I am reworking old sexploitation movies from the 60’s and early 70’s, from a woman’s point of view. Vintage sexploitation films interest me because they revolve around fantasies of a woman’s power over the male, her beauty, her desirability, her sex appeal. The idea was to make a movie that seems like a sexploitation movie, and that offers up all the spectacle and lurid promise of that genre, while at the same time talking about what women really go through, their fantasies and sexual trials.

To create a distinctive look for VIVA, I looked through a bunch of decorating books and magazines, some vintage Playboy magazines, and some late 60’s films. I would tear out magazine pages, absorb the atmosphere, daydream, and then write scenes based on what I imagined was going on in the different ads and cartoons, or design sets based on the weird rooms or movie scenes I saw. It’s a very psychedelic and colorful film, but that’s the way the 70’s looked, even in suburbia. All that acid green and yellow, all that orange, brown, blue, purple, and red.

The most difficult thing about doing this film was directing while acting half-dressed and…IN THE NUDE! I was copying the sexploitation genre, so I felt I had to do the nudity, especially since my co-star opted out of it. I’ve always been terrified of nudity, so it was good therapy to get over the trauma and just do it. My shyness comes through in the film, making me seem like a victim, although I am in control as the director. So there’s this weird split. It’s very far-out."

Special features and specs:
  • Worldwide Blu-ray debut
  • 'Orgy-O-Rama' action sleeve
  • Audio commentary by Diabolique magazine critic Heather Drain
  • Unique behind the scene photos from the Set
  • Director’s own behind-the-scenes featurette
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p HD
  • Cert: 18
  • Run-time: 123 mins

trebor8273 14th May 2021 11:14 PM

World's first blu ray release , because no one else gives a flying F about it.

Know not to set sights high with shameless but even by there standards this seems poor.

Dave 15th May 2021 03:39 AM

I’d much rather they released something like this instead of hogging the rights to something I’m interested in.

Justin101 15th May 2021 06:57 AM

I'm actually looking forward to that. After watching The Love Witch for the first time I checked out Anna Biller to see if she had made anything else and I read about Viva.

I imagine that I'll be buying it.

Rik 15th May 2021 08:57 AM

Bought the dvd on release day and it’s still sealed, highly doubt I’ll be upgrading :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2021 02:00 PM

Viva's great. Really enjoyed it.

However the extras on this release are the same as the original dvd plus a commentary from someone i've never heard of. Even the image under the sleeve is less racy than the dvd one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2021 03:57 PM

I remember thinking Viva was a smart film and a lot of fun. That said, I'd be surprised if I've seen it more than twice, so I'm not sure I'm that desperate to upgrade DVD to Blu-ray.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2021 04:26 PM

Count me in for Viva. I like Biller's work. I recently saw The Love Witch on Shudder's The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs for the first time and really enjoyed it too.

MrBarlow 15th May 2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 652169)
Count me in for Viva. I like Biller's work. I recently saw The Love Witch on Shudder's The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs for the first time and really enjoyed it too.

Is that one any good Stephen?

Never seen Viva bit you guys are selling to me so will add to my buying list when it's available

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 652171)
Is that one any good Stephen?

Never seen Viva bit you guys are selling to me so will add to my buying list when it's available

Yeah it was pretty good. I do think Biller's films are something you'll either really like, or think are awful. They kind of remind me of films like Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 652172)
Yeah it was pretty good. I do think Biller's films are something you'll either really like, or think are awful. They kind of remind me of films like Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

I really wasn't keen on The Love Witch but liked Viva.

I think i wanted something a little more grungier than what we actually got.

I wanted basically Season of the Witch II. :lol: