Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Gojirosan 25th July 2012 02:24 PM

Amsterdamned?

Surely, that is out currently? I bought it a couple of months ago.

What a bizarre release.

Pete 25th July 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 260193)
Amsterdamned?

Surely, that is out currently? I bought it a couple of months ago.

What a bizarre release.

It is, I saw it in HMV the other day.

If it's not a BD it's a pointless re-release.

Daemonia 25th July 2012 02:28 PM

Oh well, if the two titles in question are Amsterdamned and House with Laughing Windows, then that's a little disappointing. Both have had fairly recent UK DVD releases, so these are, in effect, just re-releases, not new releases. Oh well. The wait continues for some original UK genre releases that haven't yet surfaced on DVD. Pupi Avati's The Arcane Enchanter sorely needs a UK release, as does Zeder. Why are we just getting the same stuff over and over again? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but surely Shameless must realise that the large majority of the potential target audience will already have these on DVD...? Especially as they've already had UK-wide releases. Just how many copies do you really expect to shift?

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 02:34 PM

We may be missing the point here. :nod:

Kyle said they are cryptic clues. Showing part of the artwork is hardly cryptic.

Def - cryptic - Having difficult clues that indicate the solutions indirectly.

Well they aren't difficult so i'm guessing they aren't the films. Possibly something featuring the directors or stars of these films.

bedorca 25th July 2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260196)
We may be missing the point here. :nod:

Kyle said they are cryptic clues. Showing part of the artwork is hardly cryptic.

Def - cryptic - Having difficult clues that indicate the solutions indirectly.

Well they aren't difficult so i'm guessing they aren't the films. Possibly something featuring the directors or stars of these films.

I like the cut of your gib Mr / Mrs Demdike

I'm off to do some more investigating......

the blob 25th July 2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 260125)
Two sneak peaks at each of the film's imagery.

That would seem to suggest they're from the actual films...

Rik 25th July 2012 02:48 PM

Good point, nobody has actually confirmed either title yet, they could be elaborate red herrings

bedorca 25th July 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 260198)
That would seem to suggest they're from the actual films...

Imagery doesn't just mean that. It can also mean that the pictures are associated to the actual titles in some way

Example SHAM 37 could be something to do with canals maybe? SHAM 38 could be something to do with frescos or torture?

bedorca 25th July 2012 02:56 PM

And based on my new theory I am going to stick my neck out and say that SHAM 37 is either

Short Night of the Glass Dolls

OR

The Bloodstained Shadow

which would fit in perfectly with previous Shameless releases

:pray:

platostotal 25th July 2012 02:57 PM

[QUOTEDeath Laid An Egg, I looked up about it and..... Am I missing something?
This sounds like a retarded art house films about chickens and romance. Sounds like *shudder* Pink Flamingos[/QUOTE]

No, it's nothing like that, more eurotrash with an odd/kinky main story, but it does involve an egg factory,murder and 70s gaillo style and deserves a place in a yellow box next to other Shameless titles

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 02:57 PM

I think The Bloodstained Shadow is one of the films.

It features the Venetian canals and stars Lino Capoliccho from House with Laughing Windows.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 260202)
And based on my new theory I am going to stick my neck out and say that SHAM 37 is either

OR

The Bloodstained Shadow

You beat me by a minute with that one.:lol:

Unfortunately a already have TBSS in a nice R1 Anchor Bay box set.

bedorca 25th July 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260205)
You beat me by a minute with that one.:lol:

The irony, after you gave me the idea!!!!!

ReturnToZero 25th July 2012 03:02 PM

If it's Short Night... or Bloodstaind Shadow i will get even more disappointed.

platostotal 25th July 2012 03:03 PM

might not the pic for 38 be a nod to the 'hanging' scene in FEROX

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:08 PM

Time for another clue, methinks.

It may help determine whether it is Amsterdamned/House with Laughing Windows or whether it's another film from same actors or directors.

In any case, I cannot speak for Amsterdamned, but House with Laughing Windows is a great addition; it's just a damn pity I got the Nouveax not so long ago.

bedorca 25th July 2012 03:13 PM

And, also based on my new theory, I think SHAM 38 will be

Un tranquillo posto di campagna aka A quiet place in the country starring Franco Nero

Un tranquillo posto di campagna (1968) - IMDb

Which again would compliment the Shameless catalogue perfectly

Beyond72 25th July 2012 03:14 PM

Didn't House with Laughing Windows come out in the UK already? :confused:

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:15 PM

Yes, the Nouveaux pictures release and pretty good it is too. According to Find DVD, it seems to be readily available, as opposed to Amsterdamned. If it was oop, I would expect it to be withdrawn particularly if someone else has the rights and it's to be released soon.

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 260208)
If it's Short Night... or Bloodstaind Shadow i will get even more disappointed.

Have not seen either of those, but if Bloodstained Shadow is as good as Watch me When I kill, then I'll be a happy man.

Pete 25th July 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 260217)
Have not seen either of those, but if Bloodstained Shadow is as good as Watch me When I kill, then I'll be a happy man.

It's much better.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 260215)
Yes, the Nouveaux pictures release and pretty good it is too. According to Find DVD, it seems to be readily available.

Doesn't this suggest it is an unlikely release?

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 260221)
It's much better.

That's good to know :)

I know BU has already got a version out there but still I'd still like to see a domestic release.

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260222)
Doesn't this suggest it is an unlikely release?

It does but there are conflicting signals. The BVA still lists Amsterdamned, Suspiria blu and THWLW as in print under Nouveaux, but I read on the forum that the Suspiria blu seems to have gone oop and Amsterdamned certainly looks oop on Find DVD.

THWLW is the odd man out. What makes this so surprising, if it is a Shameless release, is that there will be no usp. The PQ was solid and it has Italian dialogue with English Subtitles- how could Shameless improve upon this? There would be no easy way to upgrade, except for extras and a possible blu release.

Baseball Fury 25th July 2012 03:46 PM

Along the same lines, assuming Shameless have signed some kind of deal with Nouveaux and their releases head OOP, are we looking at a potential Shameless BD of Suspiria?

Crimson Blade 25th July 2012 03:48 PM

I'd rather that Shameless brought out some more BD's.
Preferably with Edwige Fenech in them. :)

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:50 PM

I suspect we're beginning to see some shift away from blu in some quarters. We know about BU and how they're not putting out brand new blus and repackaging old films. MoC also seem to be taking a curious position - with their new slate, they're releasing DVD only releases of the films, even though there are DVDs in the dual format version. Does this suggest they're more confident with dvd rather than blu?

The big question for Shameless is how well did FFOGV and CH do on blu?

You read about how it costs 4-6 more times to manufactures blus as to DVDs - maybe blus are becoming too much of a risk in these times. I hope Scorpion gets to score some hits as a newcomer.

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 260202)

OR

The Bloodstained Shadow

which would fit in perfectly with previous Shameless releases

Please no! I have these on pre-order from Blue Underground!:lol:

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 03:54 PM

Oh! Giallo A Venizzia has a canal in it.:loco:

Baseball Fury 25th July 2012 03:55 PM

To be honest, I fear they don't need them. I think the core of their market is people that will buy it because it's in a yellow box, rather than what it is. I'm not knocking people for that, I do it with MoC and Arrow Video BD's, but I think it's a reflection of the current collectors market.

the blob 25th July 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 260233)
Oh! Giallo A Venizzia has a canal in it.:loco:

For the time being, I actually hope this will never happen in the UK because this won't stand much of a chance of getting through unscathed unless there's a dramatic change.

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 260236)
For the time being, I actually hope this will never happen in the UK because this won't stand much of a chance of getting through unscathed unless there's a dramatic change.

Really? It's extremely trashy and poorly shot, very little of it is extremely graphic, certainly none explicit. I think it could get through fine enough.

Pete 25th July 2012 04:05 PM

They'd cut the 'table' scene.

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 260240)
They'd cut the 'table' scene.

By no more than a few seconds, maybe not even that. They let Saw and the like through uncut and there worse ten-fold.

Baseball Fury 25th July 2012 04:10 PM

Different worlds unfortunately. Violence = yes. Sexual violence = big NO.

There's no way in the world Gialla a Venezia would get through uncut. Those scissors would be well and truly out (and nowhere near any lady parts).

Pete 25th July 2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 260242)
By no more than a few seconds, maybe not even that. They let Saw and the like through uncut and there worse ten-fold.

They'll judge the scene by the film as a whole and with it being very mean spirited with a focus on sexual violence (the constant sexual humiliation of Leonora Fani's character, the scissors between the legs, the table scene etc), they'd cut it. NYR was cut for that reason (though I'm always surprised they let the bottle scene through).

Crimson Blade 25th July 2012 04:17 PM

I'm surprised that Blue Underground or AWE never released this one.

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 260246)
I'm surprised that Blue Underground or AWE never released this one.

At this moment in time i'd buy a copy from anyone!

Pete 25th July 2012 04:20 PM

Apparently, the rights holder isn't interested in doing a deal with anyone. Don't know if that's true or not but it would explain why it's never been released on DVD.

ReturnToZero 25th July 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 260243)
Different worlds unfortunately. Violence = yes. Sexual violence = big NO.

I was very surprised that they didn't cut the rape scene from Cannibal Holocaust. Maybe some money under the table was involved? You never know when you deal with hypocrites ;)