Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2013, 11:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel View Post
Have they gone dormant due to low sales of their blu-rays? Probably help if they released uncut features in the format.
I think it's more the uncertainty of HMV's future that would have made them reticent in any further releases for the time being. The majority of their sales come from the high street
Old 1st May 2013, 11:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I think it's more the uncertainty of HMV's future that would have made them reticent in any further releases for the time being. The majority of their sales come from the high street
That makes sense, I forget that people still buy things from brick n mortar places (and at those prices!). Arrow seem to be doing the opposite these days with releases speeding up.
PaulD likes this.
Old 1st May 2013, 11:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel View Post
That makes sense, I forget that people still buy things from brick n mortar places (and at those prices!). Arrow seem to be doing the opposite these days with releases speeding up.
I know. It might not have been the case recently but there was definite confirmation from Almar on here who said that's where most of their revenue comes from. I was incredibly surprised although I could imagine the eye-catching covers inspiring a blind buy
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:23 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I know. It might not have been the case recently but there was definite confirmation from Almar on here who said that's where most of their revenue comes from. I was incredibly surprised although I could imagine the eye-catching covers inspiring a blind buy
The same thing happened with the gaudy VHS covers when I was young 'un looking around the local video shop so I can see this!
Old 2nd May 2013, 01:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

It seems the HMV website will be up and running soon so you never know, Shameless might rise from their slumber.
Old 2nd May 2013, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It does seem strange that most of Shameless's revenue comes from highstreet sales, in this day and age almost everyone I know buys their DVD's and Blu's online. I always kinda thought people would do the same with Shameless and Arrow titles, if only to avoid 'those' looks from the counter staff. It's like buying an adult title and saying it's for a friend!
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:32 PM
Cultist

You're not wrong there! For me though the incentive for online buying is the massive price difference between online and in store. I've always found it easy to resist impulse buys in hmv because of that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:54 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I always kinda thought people would buy their Shameless and Arrow titles online , if only to avoid 'those' looks from the counter staff.
I know what you mean, but I remember buying Strip Nude For Your Killer and they just grinned at me - maybe that's worse though!
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:04 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanfromhongkong View Post
I know what you mean, but I remember buying Strip Nude For Your Killer and they just grinned at me - maybe that's worse though!

I remember eye rolling from the shop assistant when I bought Oasis of the zombies and Zombie Lake dvds so I can imagine the grin when buying that!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ha!
I remember buying Silence of the Lambs and Child's play on vhs in Virgin in Stirling when I had my eldest daughter in the buggy...the look I got from the sales assistant....
robertzombie and sawyer6 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!