Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Pete 25th July 2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 260250)
I was very surprised that they didn't cut the rape scene from Cannibal Holocaust. Maybe some money under the table was involved? You never know when you deal with hypocrites ;)

They cut it from the old DVD. I thought they'd pass it for the Shameless edition as it's fairly mild compared to some others they've passed.

I agree though, they are bad hypocrites. :nod:

Beyond72 25th July 2012 05:05 PM

Since Laughing Windows has already been released in the UK, I'll have a stab at "ZEDER" but with the cheekily misleading "Revenge of the Dead" title being cover A, to generate sales. :tongue1:

JAMIOUSE 25th July 2012 06:06 PM

Hmmm interesting, could be Fulci's Contraband or Tentacles in the first picture. The second I'm not sure about yet...

JAMIOUSE 25th July 2012 06:09 PM

38 could be The Church?

Rik 25th July 2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 260269)
38 could be The Church?

I hope so, I have the old AB bare bones disc, mind you Shameless releases are usually bare bones too :/

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 260273)
I hope so, I have the old AB bare bones disc, mind you Shameless releases are usually bare bones too :/

No they aren't they are fan editions, theres a difference. :nod::rolleyes::lol:

Rik 25th July 2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260275)
No they aren't they are fan editions, theres a difference. :nod::rolleyes::lol:

My mistake, I always forget about the trailers and reversible artwork ha ha. The Church would be more suited for Arrow to release as a two disc extra-laden special edition :)

Mojo 25th July 2012 06:34 PM

I think we need an answer as to whether peoples' initial guesses of Amsterdamned and House With The Laughing Windows were correct or not... :confused:

Rik 25th July 2012 06:38 PM

I suspect clue number 2 will be posted tomorrow with the actual announcement on Friday

JAMIOUSE 25th July 2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 260284)
I suspect clue number 2 will be posted tomorrow with the actual announcement on Friday

Could be, I think we'll get another clue tomorrow. I don't think it's Amsterdamned or The House With Laughing Windows they've both got current UK releases and don't need another release.

ReturnToZero 25th July 2012 06:50 PM

The funny thing is whatever gets released by Shameless you will buy it. Don't deny it ;)

JAMIOUSE 25th July 2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 260290)
The funny thing is whatever gets released by Shameless you will buy it. Don't deny it ;)

To be honest I possibly won't, I don't buy every release they put out only the titles I'm interested in or don't already own. If it's a title I do already own I often rent if from Lovefilm to see if the audio / visual is improved!

Rik 25th July 2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 260295)
To be honest I possibly won't, I don't buy every release they put out only the titles I'm interested in or don't already own. If it's a title I do already own I often rent if from Lovefilm to see if the audio / visual is improved!

What he said

Slippery Jack 25th July 2012 07:43 PM

Had to scroll back like 7 pages just to find today's clues :lol:

House With Laughing Windows is one of my favourite horror films. I own the Italian Fox dvd with the window cutout slipcase. Hope Shameless pull some extras out of the bag.

Amsterdamned I haven't seen, but enjoyed Maas' Sint and De Lift - that one will be a purchase for sure :clap: . . .

Nagaman 25th July 2012 08:29 PM

I'm going to chuck in a title that hasn't been mentioned yet...

I'm not sure what Sham038 is but the art for Sham037 tells me that, following on from the releases of CH and THOTEOTP, we're going to get another 'Deodato' film - and that film is...
... 'CUT and RUN'. ;) :)

Rik 25th July 2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaman (Post 260310)
I'm going to chuck in a title that hasn't been mentioned yet...

I'm not sure what Sham038 is but the art for Sham037 tells me that, following on from the releases of CH and THOTEOTP, we're going to get another 'Deodato' film - and that film is...
... 'CUT and RUN'. ;) :)

Good shout! Don't forget Phantom of Death too

Nagaman 25th July 2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 260313)
Good shout! Don't forget Phantom of Death too

Oh yeah, Phantom of Death, I forgot they'd released that one.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 260136)
And is that a boat propeller in 37?

Fulci's Contraband?

Nope.The Love Boat series 1 :lol:

fuzzymctiger 25th July 2012 10:00 PM

Am I the only one who's actually really excited for Amsterdamned and House With Laughing Windows?
They're releases I'd get instantly.

Gojirosan 25th July 2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260332)
Am I the only one who's actually really excited for Amsterdamned and House With Laughing Windows?

It pleases me that a Shameless release of ...Laughing Windows may push down the price of the current release.

fuzzymctiger 25th July 2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 260340)
It pleases me that a Shameless release of ...Laughing Windows may push down the price of the current release.

And Amsterdamned is £20!!!!

Daemonia 26th July 2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 260323)
Nope.The Love Boat series 1 :lol:

Boat of the Demon? (the unssen sequel to Night of the Demon where the monster steals a boat and escapes)

:lol:

Daemonia 26th July 2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260332)

So why don't you then? They're already readily available....

The House With Laughing Windows [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Amsterdamned (DVD): Amazon.co.uk: Huub Stapel, Monique Van De Ven, Serve-Henri Valcke, Tanneke Hartzuiker: Film & TV

fuzzymctiger 26th July 2012 12:21 AM

They're not really prices I'd pay for a normal DVD. A shameless or an arrow maybe.

Gojirosan 26th July 2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260346)
They're not really prices I'd pay for a normal DVD. A shameless or an arrow maybe.

Are Shameless and Arrow not normal DVDs?

:lol: :confused:

fuzzymctiger 26th July 2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 260349)
Are Shameless and Arrow not normal DVDs?

:lol: :confused:

In my mind, they're special and they look a lot better on my shelf :dance:

Baseball Fury 26th July 2012 06:38 AM

£7.50 and £5.50 used? You kids don't know you're born, haha

Hawkmonger 26th July 2012 07:24 AM

I think we need conformation as to wether any of our guesses up till now are accurate, ah well, there announced tommorrow so, who know's.

fuzzymctiger 26th July 2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 260357)
£7.50 and £5.50 used? You kids don't know you're born, haha

Due to the fact that I'm in Australia, and all things online have to be bought through my dad, I can only really buy things new direct from Amazon. If they were £7.50 and £5.50 direct from amazon, I would most likely get them.

Plus I'm generally trying to move away from DVDs unless they are region free and have a fair bit of extras, as I'm really just waiting for the movie to come out on blu ray (unless it's really obscure)

PaulD 26th July 2012 08:19 AM

I'd be quite surprised if it was Amsterdamned, just with it not being an Italian film. Seems perhaps an odd choice for their first non-Italian release

Demoncrat 26th July 2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260157)
After hearing so much ranting and raving about Death Laid An Egg, I looked up about it and..... Am I missing something?
This sounds like a retarded art house films about chickens and romance. Sounds like *shudder* Pink Flamingos

And what's wrong with that?? :mmph:;)

fuzzymctiger 26th July 2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 260376)
And what's wrong with that?? :mmph:;)

It just sounded so... Weird.

voidagger 26th July 2012 09:38 AM

Personally I really want a "Case of the scorpions tail" dvd. Its so expensive on R1, so a uk release would be awesome. Want to complete my Martino collection.

Demoncrat 26th July 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260380)
It just sounded so... Weird.

Cough Pink Flamingoes cough. haven't seen DLAE etc. ;)

Baseball Fury 26th July 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260368)
Due to the fact that I'm in Australia, and all things online have to be bought through my dad, I can only really buy things new direct from Amazon. If they were £7.50 and £5.50 direct from amazon, I would most likely get them.

Plus I'm generally trying to move away from DVDs unless they are region free and have a fair bit of extras, as I'm really just waiting for the movie to come out on blu ray (unless it's really obscure)

Didn't notice you were in Australia! That is quite a different thing, haha.

I rarely buy DVD's anymore to be honest, I don't really buy BD's all that often either. I only really buy Arrow and MoC releases, with the occasional limited edition or personal favourite (Lynch and Hitchcock mainly).

shel 26th July 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 260368)

Just registered here to say; "SNAP!", 2012 been the year of no more DVDs for me too, BD or no sale from here on in. Too many times you spend x amount of cash on a DVD for a new HD remaster to be announced, I'm done double dipping and watching lossy DVDs.

Slippery Jack 26th July 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 260434)
Too many times you spend x amount of cash on a DVD for a new HD remaster to be announced, I'm done double dipping and watching lossy DVDs.

Ebay . . . ?

shel 26th July 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 260449)
Ebay . . . ?

2012 Resolution: HD or get out
I've heard of ebay; that's where all my Shameless DVDs went ;)

the blob 26th July 2012 01:47 PM

I've been buying more DVD's than BD's recently. Some great stuff to be had for fairly cheap alongside some expensive ones that may likely never see the light of day on BD. Sure, it would be great if everything would be released in HD but if it's something I want to watch. film first , format later.

I don't even have the slightest problem watching VHS quality or worse if there's no other choice.

Hawkmonger 26th July 2012 01:52 PM

Can we have today's clue please, oh mighty Shameless overlords (I, for one, welocme them)?

God where like a group of addict's waiting for our fair share in the loot!