Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2013, 05:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The annoying thing is: we still don't have an answer to the age-old question: "why?"

No films to release? Too many? Do they have several masters and can't decide? Have they run out of money?

Or are they just thinking of a way to make us believe that a re-release of Ratman (the Special Edition supposedly comes with a real dead rat) is a reason to celebrate?

Old 4th August 2013, 05:29 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Now,that along with a Blu of a certain Nazi piece-o-shit would be a superb double header indeed!
It'll be a boxset of Bud Spencer/Terrance Hill films, all on blu-ray. Either that, or Killer Nun with a new cover.
Pete likes this.
Old 4th August 2013, 05:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It'll be a boxset of Bud Spencer/Terrance Hill films, all on blu-ray
I wouldn't mind that!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 4th August 2013, 05:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Only 5 months left or so. Can't wait to here about Suspiria.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

After reading the Home Cinema Choice restoration article with James White, I can't help but hope they sublicense Suspiria out to Arrow. He's clearly a fan of the film, was disappointed with the prior restoration and eager to work on correcting it. Sadly I can't ever see that happening, and I honestly have little faith in Shameless.

I'm still a little curious about their tease of a method of releasing things where their releases won't be affected by cuts, but I can't help thinking nothing will come of that either. Unless they start including something like digital download codes for uncut versions.

I hope for a nice selection of Italian gems that have been heavily and frequently requested here. My genuine expectations are Suspiria, some re-releases, and perhaps something they got cheap that doesn't suit the Shameless line at all.
Old 7th August 2013, 08:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Funny how once a great collection and label are now considered a bunch of no hopers.

In this day and age we're spoiled by the (current) Arrow releases,Scream Factory and labels like Second Sight.

Times are hard and if Shameless have taken their time releasing something...so ****ing what?

Small independent labels deserve all the support they can muster.

Either that or we can look forward to the big boys constantly raping our pockets with the umpteenth release of big blockbusters.

Shameless....If you're reading this.....I've stuck my neck on the chopper....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th August 2013, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

For me, it's not so much the long wait for them to release something, it's the lack of any form of contact or announcement that's bugging me.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 09:10 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
For me, it's not so much the long wait for them to release something, it's the lack of any form of contact or announcement that's bugging me.
Shameless were the first UK label to push for everything retailers (now many of them gone!) told them wouldn't work and to reach out to fans so they hate the lack of information flow of late but they've had to hunker down to ride out a very rough period. HMV going into administration plus the sales company that repped them going down left them out of pocket and has meant months of simply sorting out the resulting issues which put everything else on hold.

The problems from then are not gone by any means but Shameless are getting back into the releasing habit and have been busy looking around. They hugely appreciate the continued interest and support and are keen to start getting new yellow boxes out there! Kyle will be updating you all v soon.
Old 8th August 2013, 09:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Shameless were the first UK label to push for everything retailers (now many of them gone!) told them wouldn't work and to reach out to fans so they hate the lack of information flow of late but they've had to hunker down to ride out a very rough period. HMV going into administration plus the sales company that repped them going down left them out of pocket and has meant months of simply sorting out the resulting issues which put everything else on hold.

The problems from then are not gone by any means but Shameless are getting back into the releasing habit and have been busy looking around. They hugely appreciate the continued interest and support and are keen to start getting new yellow boxes out there! Kyle will be updating you all v soon.
That's good to hear Almar
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Funny how once a great collection and label are now considered a bunch of no hopers.

In this day and age we're spoiled by the (current) Arrow releases,Scream Factory and labels like Second Sight.

Times are hard and if Shameless have taken their time releasing something...so ****ing what?

Small independent labels deserve all the support they can muster.

Either that or we can look forward to the big boys constantly raping our pockets with the umpteenth release of big blockbusters.

Shameless....If you're reading this.....I've stuck my neck on the chopper....
If this is connected in any way to what I posted, I'd just like to clarify a few things. I've never actually been a huge Shameless fan from the start, so it's really very far removed from a rapid rise and fall in my eyes, I'm not that fickle.

I like when they release the type of fare that don't get DVD releases here, or films which have generally had limited releases around the world. What I don't like is when they pick up a film with a fairly substantial following, the type of film that Arrow, Scream Factory or Second Sight, as you've brought them up, would throw all the bells and whistles at, but which Shameless aren't in a position to, because of their size and financial structure. There's a difference to me, between a lack of faith in Shameless because of their output and talents, to a lack of faith in their circumstances. It's really not a case that I, or probably anyone actually, think they're a 'bunch of no hopers' as you have put it.

It doesn't matter how big or small they are, if the likes of Suspiria is at their door, it's obviously going to invite comparison to the likes of Arrow. Sally Anne from Hi-Digital-Ray-Format.com isn't going to give a shit about their circumstances, quite honestly. She's going to want justice for her favourite film, and she'll shake her fist at the company (/ies) that do it wrong, and I can't blame her.

Of course it's great to support a small company (a typical browse of my post history in the Most Recently Purchased thread will illustrate that I do), but I only have so much goodwill. I can't say the teasing of re-packages went down well with me, especially when they were in a position where people were genuinely speculating if they'd gone under. It's all about communication, as Rik pointed out, and we know more now than we did at the time, but of course there's an element of skepticism, that this light at the end of the tunnel will be something they've already sold to me, just with a new cover.

Of course it could always be worse than a re-package. It could be SS Sxperiment Camp . Which would be the final straw...
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!