Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Demoncrat 10th May 2017 10:28 PM

The more that finally washes up on our shores the better. Now my fiends have no more excuses
"Oh, I can't play that it's Latvian"

Et bleedin' cetera

Plus I nearly nearly bought Contamination on BD in Aberdeen. That would make 4 copies. Of a film I'm not that fond of. Just because it was right in front of me.

Ahem.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 532836)
It will do for a lot of cult film buyers. Otherwise why mention any of their new releases

I think Shameless try their best not to mention any of them on this forum! :tongue1:

sjconstable 10th May 2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 532888)
Interesting. Any reason why?

Looking at the comparisons again it's not that bad, it's just not quite the upgrade I was hoping for really. It is an upgrade though: All the Colors of the Dark ? DE Eurocult Collection Blu-ray vs. US DVD

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 532923)
Looking at the comparisons again it's not that bad, it's just not quite the upgrade I was hoping for really. It is an upgrade though: All the Colors of the Dark ? DE Eurocult Collection Blu-ray vs. US DVD

It looks slightly stretched to me. Just slightly not a lot. One of the dogs, it's back looks like a table.

It also seems paler. There's not much in the way of more noticeable picture improvement other than it's lighter. Is it lighter naturally or because it's been made to look that way at the remastering lab?. Without knowing how it looked initially when first released it's difficult to say what it should look like.

Thanks for the info by the way.

sjconstable 10th May 2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 532927)
It looks slightly stretched to me. Just slightly not a lot. One of the dogs, it's back looks like a table.

It also seems paler. There's not much in the way of more noticeable picture improvement other than it's lighter. Is it lighter naturally or because it's been made to look that way at the remastering lab?. Without knowing how it looked initially when first released it's difficult to say what it should look like.

Thanks for the info by the way.

Yeah I'm not keen on the paler colours, it has more shadow detail than the DVD though. But I think I'm going to stick with my DVD until a better restoration comes along.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 532912)
I think Shameless try their best not to mention any of them on this forum! :tongue1:

Very true, sadly!

Rik 2nd June 2017 11:31 AM

Here's the new announcement:

THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS WARDH STRUTS ONTO BLU-RAY

Release date: 10 July 2017
Pre-order: coming very soon…

SHE’LL GRIP YOU IN HER VICE OF SIN AND SADISM

A stylish, sadistic giallo masterpiece from TORSO and ALL THE COLOURS OF THE DARK director Sergio Martino!

An ambassador's wife discovers that one of the men in her life - her husband, an ex-lover or her current lover - may be a vicious serial killer. Martino’s hypnotic thriller pulls no punches with a series of grisly murders and a stand-out performance from the stunning queen of 1970's Italian cinema: Edwige Fenech!

Revered by fans and critics as one of the top giallo thrillers of the 1970s for its surreal imagery and a heavy dose of style, suspense and bloody murder, Shameless is delighted to welcome MRS WARDH to UK Blu-ray for the first time, restored in sumptuous 1080p!

EXTRAS

* Sergio Martino and Edwige Fenech interview
* Sergio Martino introduction
* Interview with director Sergio Martino
* Fact track by Justin Harries
* Edwige Fenech bio presentation

Pre-order and full specs coming soon...

Justin101 2nd June 2017 11:34 AM

I'm surprised this one hasn't come sooner, I'll definitely be buying it right away.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2017 11:44 AM

I'm hoping it is a top release with some additional extra features to those already mentioned, but it will probably be a safe preorder anyway.

Rik 2nd June 2017 11:59 AM

I'll probably pick this up, I've never owned or seen it before, but you can't go wrong with Edwige Fenech :nod: