Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Glad to see it's a new restoration, as i already have the Blue Underground release.

Seeing as they're on a Martino roll at the moment, i would love them to release The Case of The Scorpion's Tail next.
Old 23rd June 2017, 01:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is this what's known as a 'bush tucker trial'?
That would be a warped competition involving someone with a thick thatch and lice!

Back on topic, I really like Torso and, even though I have the Blue Underground release, I'm looking forward to the Shameless BD.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 23rd June 2017, 01:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'll be getting it, never upgraded to the BU blu so I'm happy to keep it local for once
Demoncrat likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd June 2017, 05:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Mountain is an interesting choice and is brand new to Shameless so it's not a bad choice. Removing the animal violence which I think is only one very brief scene doesn't really bother me. Presumably it's the same HD master that Code Red will be using when they eventually get around to releasing it, which no doubt Bill will have something to say about.
Sorry buddy but Mountain has it's fair share of animal slaughter, even in the opening titles, the uncut version will suffer at the BBFC about the same as the old Vipco release with regards to animal violence, the fake gore should however sail through now tho. The interesting thing will be what the 'modern' BBFC will actually order cut out.
Old 23rd June 2017, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have the uncut R-rated, but really cheap, Westlake Entertainment Group DVD with the title Slave of the Cannibal God, and hated the animal violence when I saw it last. As such, a Blu-ray upgrade without scenes which will make the viewing experience incredibly uncomfortable is very welcome.
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ooooh Torso.

At least it's uncut

Just saying ....
Rik likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ooooh Torso.

At least it's uncut

Just saying ....

Should bloody hope so too, the DVD was
Demoncrat likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Should bloody hope so too, the DVD was

This will be their first 'safe' BD
Or have I missed one?

Ah bum

ATCOTD.

Next!!
Rik likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th June 2017, 09:21 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Sorry buddy but Mountain has it's fair share of animal slaughter, even in the opening titles, the uncut version will suffer at the BBFC about the same as the old Vipco release with regards to animal violence, the fake gore should however sail through now tho. The interesting thing will be what the 'modern' BBFC will actually order cut out.

Did the distributor of the last UK dvd release (in 2009) remove the animal stuff before they submitted it to the BBFC? That would be the only explanation for the BBFC site saying it was passed uncut.
Old 24th June 2017, 07:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Did the distributor of the last UK dvd release (in 2009) remove the animal stuff before they submitted it to the BBFC? That would be the only explanation for the BBFC site saying it was passed uncut.
Must have, the uncut VHS I have would no way pass, monkeys, crocodiles, lizards and others cop it (some weird looking animals go at it during the opening titles too, which is why the Vipco music jumps and stutters during the titles.)

The thing is without the animal cruelty it's quite a fun jungle romp with a very fit milfy looking Ursula Andress and a campy turn from Stacy Keach, worth a shot even if chopped a bit.

Like this? Share it using the links below!