Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

keirarts 22nd January 2018 06:26 PM

Surprise announcement! We're joining forces with CultFilms to bring you Dario Argento's horror masterpiece OPERA on Blu-ray and DVD dual format. The release will be from a 2K scan that's been produced in consultation with Dario Argento himself, using his own vault print as reference! 😱💿

An in-depth conversation with Argento will headline new extras, which will also include a presentation and essay by critic and Italian horror expert Alan Jones.

Keep your eyes pinned open for more information coming soon... 🔪👁

Quite pleased by this. Cult films did the UK suspiria disc which actually looked somewhat improved over the other umbrella / euro releases (No green tint, however synapse one is still better). Saves me paying double or more to get the code red/scorpion one. :nod:

Justin101 22nd January 2018 06:33 PM

I knew it would be this, I've ordered the Scorpion one for £11 anyway so I'm not that bothered, I reckon it'll be the same scan on both discs. No doubt that this will have some bloody awful artwork :lol:

keirarts 22nd January 2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 563664)
I knew it would be this, I've ordered the Scorpion one for £11 anyway so I'm not that bothered, I reckon it'll be the same scan on both discs. No doubt that this will have some bloody awful artwork :lol:

I was waiting for the limited edition one which is considerably dearer. Not going to bother now

platostotal 23rd January 2018 06:39 PM

Surprised Arrow didn't try to bully them off, Arrow must be too busy to notice:lol::lol: hope it's a stonker as that would really put Shameless back to the big time. (and put plenty of dosh in the coffers)

SymbioticFunction 24th January 2018 01:02 AM

Hoping for a substantial upgrade over my current German Opera blu-ray. Am also curious as to which English track will be used - the Cannes version or the subsequent track with replaced Inspector voice. btw Would be nice to have access to both. :)

Justin101 24th January 2018 07:45 AM

It’ll be the ‘official’ English soundtrack rather than the Cannes dub as that’s only for the shorter edit of the film. It’s also rubbish as you can’t hear what the inspector is even saying half of the time!

Crimson Blade 24th January 2018 08:05 AM

Having already bought the expensive german blu-ray, I think i'll buy this instead of Scorpion's. Eventhough, it's highly unlikely that the Scorpion release will be region locked, despite what it says on the cover.

SilverSurfer 24th January 2018 07:01 PM

The previous DVD releases (the LE AB and R2 Arrow ) were okay imo so I see no reason for an upgrade.

Rik 25th January 2018 03:38 PM

There’s every need for an upgrade if people want to see it in HD and would rather buy from a UK company :nod:

SilverSurfer 25th January 2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 563976)
There’s every need for an upgrade if people want to see it in HD and would rather buy from a UK company :nod:

If people want an upgrade then fine,Just not for me.