Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

JAMIOUSE 7th February 2018 06:01 PM

Finally some news on the long delayed Mountain of the Cannibal God -
THE MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD | British Board of Film Classification
It's still cut for animal violence, all 2m 1s I don't remember there been that much animal violence to be honest.

Rik 7th February 2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 565370)

It's still cut for animal violence, all 2m 1s I don't remember there been that much animal violence to be honest.

I watched it recently and there’s a fair bit tbh, some of which I believe was recycled for Lenzi’s Eaten Alive :nod:

Think I’ll stick with my EC DVD because the film isn’t all that great so if I was to upgrade, I’d want the full uncut version anyway

Crimson Blade 7th February 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

So, they passed the pig f**king without a problem?:lol:

Susan Foreman 7th February 2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

7 scenes apparently:

0 Min: An animal can be seen in a crocodile’s mouth - 2 Sec
0 Min: A turtle becomes the crocodile’s victim - 2 Sec
1 Min: The turtle bites the crocodile’s skin. It reacts not nicely - 4 Sec
23 Min: The snake twirls around the monkey - 2.5 Sec
23 Min: Some takes of the monkey are missing when his head is in the snake’s mouth - 76 Sec
52 Min: A crocodile grabs his prey - 6 Sec
83 Min: The fight between snake and hawk is missing while Manolo observes the scenery from a far distance - 33 Sec

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=577825 - comparison between BBFC 18 and German DVD

JAMIOUSE 7th February 2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 565376)
7 scenes apparently:

0 Min: An animal can be seen in a crocodile’s mouth - 2 Sec
0 Min: A turtle becomes the crocodile’s victim - 2 Sec
23 Min: The snake twirls around the monkey - 2.5 Sec
23 Min: Some takes of the monkey are missing when his head is in the snake’s mouth - 76 Sec
52 Min: A crocodile grabs his prey - 6 Sec
83 Min: The fight between snake and hawk is missing while Manolo observes the scenery from a far distance - 33 Sec

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=577825 - comparison between BBFC 18 and German DVD

I don't remember all that been in it, I do however remember the monkey and snake section now. Awful.

Crimson Blade 7th February 2018 06:48 PM

It will also be coming from Code Red, for anyone who want's the full uncut version.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th February 2018 07:00 PM

You can say what you like about the content, but you can't fault them for an amusing turn of phrase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 565376)

I remember being really bothered by the animal violence when I saw it last time and it'll be great to have an option of watching the film without it.

JAMIOUSE 7th February 2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 565379)
You can say what you like about the content, but you can't fault them for an amusing turn of phrase.

I remember being really bothered by the animal violence when I saw it last time and it'll be great to have an option of watching the film without it.

I remember the poor monkeys eyes as it accepted it's inevitable fate. I had forgotten the amount of animal nastiness in Mountain, it really mars an otherwise very enjoyable jungle romp. At least the Shameless edition will have the unpleasantness removed.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th February 2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 565384)
I remember the poor monkeys eyes as it accepted it's inevitable fate. I had forgotten the amount of animal nastiness in Mountain, it really mars an otherwise very enjoyable jungle romp. At least the Shameless edition will have the unpleasantness removed.

Although I would watch it knowing animals unnecessarily suffered and died in its production, at least I won't have to close my eyes and try and drown out the sound when those scenes are on the TV and through the speakers.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th February 2018 10:14 PM

Come on. We all know the only reason to watch this film is to see Ursula Andress groped and painted.