Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2013, 08:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Cheers Rik now i know what my dads getting for xmas this year.
Rik likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I don't know the first one, and I would be disappointed if one of the releases was Suspiria. There's already a brilliant Blu-ray by Nouveaux Pictures.

Yes. It is. Brilliant. Wrong colours? Wrong colours, my ass. I like them.

I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
Haven't seen it due to the mass of bad reviews I've read, plus the screenshots I've seen. But, seeing as Kyle says both titles are DVD's only, I won't be buying it again, unless it can somehow surpass the 2 disc AB DVD I've had for 12-13 years or so.
platostotal likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 08:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I don't know the first one, and I would be disappointed if one of the releases was Suspiria. There's already a brilliant Blu-ray by Nouveaux Pictures.

Yes. It is. Brilliant. Wrong colours? Wrong colours, my ass. I like them.

I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is this a joke or will there really be a couple of new titles? Please say it isn't a joke!
Old 8th August 2013, 08:34 PM
Cult Addict

It's going to be 2 direct to DVD sequels to "Ratman"!
Old 8th August 2013, 08:34 PM
Active Cultist

Don't even know what the titles are yet but a bit disappointed they're DVD only sorry couldn't resist a little moan!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Rik likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oh yeah I also hope it's something that can get through the BBFC unscathed. A giallo would be excellent. Really excited now!
Old 8th August 2013, 08:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I bit more post-apocalypic action would be most welcome. Endgame or 2020 - Texas Gladiators, maybe.

And i hope one of them isn't SS Experiment Camp, when there's already a great A.W.E release.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
If this is connected in any way to what I posted, I'd just like to clarify a few things. I've never actually been a huge Shameless fan from the start, so it's really very far removed from a rapid rise and fall in my eyes, I'm not that fickle.

I like when they release the type of fare that don't get DVD releases here, or films which have generally had limited releases around the world. What I don't like is when they pick up a film with a fairly substantial following, the type of film that Arrow, Scream Factory or Second Sight, as you've brought them up, would throw all the bells and whistles at, but which Shameless aren't in a position to, because of their size and financial structure. There's a difference to me, between a lack of faith in Shameless because of their output and talents, to a lack of faith in their circumstances. It's really not a case that I, or probably anyone actually, think they're a 'bunch of no hopers' as you have put it.

It doesn't matter how big or small they are, if the likes of Suspiria is at their door, it's obviously going to invite comparison to the likes of Arrow. Sally Anne from Hi-Digital-Ray-Format.com isn't going to give a shit about their circumstances, quite honestly. She's going to want justice for her favourite film, and she'll shake her fist at the company (/ies) that do it wrong, and I can't blame her.

Of course it's great to support a small company (a typical browse of my post history in the Most Recently Purchased thread will illustrate that I do), but I only have so much goodwill. I can't say the teasing of re-packages went down well with me, especially when they were in a position where people were genuinely speculating if they'd gone under. It's all about communication, as Rik pointed out, and we know more now than we did at the time, but of course there's an element of skepticism, that this light at the end of the tunnel will be something they've already sold to me, just with a new cover.

Of course it could always be worse than a re-package. It could be SS Sxperiment Camp . Which would be the final straw...
Oh dear.Some people take things so personally.

You weren't mentioned by name Comrad Baka and no,it was in no way connected to what you posted.

What I was getting at was the general-'let's hammer Shameless' attitude.

Repackages? Who put a gun to your head to force you,or anyone for that matter to buy them?

As for your comment regarding SS Experiment Camp....FFS pick the dummy up....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm hoping one is SS Experiment Camp, just to see Reaps going into an online meltdown with excitement

My serious guesses are Death Laid an Egg and Suspiria
If it is then great Rik. If not then fine-it's not the end of the world.
No one has died,no eco disaster has occurred.
My SSEC posts are done firmly with my tongue in my cheek.

However,if it IS SSEC then for some people.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!