Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2013, 01:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well we seemed to wait quite a long time to hear something then unfortunately get offered a very disappointing choice of films. Easy passes for me I'm afraid.

What a shame, still I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up this time
Old 9th August 2013, 01:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Well we seemed to wait quite a long time to hear something then unfortunately get offered a very disappointing choice of films. Easy passes for me I'm afraid.

What a shame, still I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up this time
What were you hoping for Sam?
Old 9th August 2013, 01:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What were you hoping for Sam?
I don't know really, probably some of the old favourites that keep getting mentioned on here such as Cannibal Ferox, Cut and Run, Zombie Creeping Flesh etc.. or I would have welcomed some classic post apocalyptic films such as 2019 or Atlantis Interceptors.

I imagine most if not all of those may have problems with rights etc so probably have good reasons why it couldn't be any of them but there are many other long forgotten classics well overdue for a release.

Admittedly these new releases are not my type of films anyway but I was perhaps expecting some more well known titles especially after the long wait.

Still I'm sure there will be collectors out there for these, so maybe next time
Old 9th August 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
I don't know really, probably some of the old favourites that keep getting mentioned on here such as Cannibal Ferox, Cut and Run, Zombie Creeping Flesh etc.. or I would have welcomed some classic post apocalyptic films such as 2019 or Atlantis Interceptors.

I imagine most if not all of those may have problems with rights etc so probably have good reasons why it couldn't be any of them but there are many other long forgotten classics well overdue for a release.

Admittedly these new releases are not my type of films anyway but I was perhaps expecting some more well known titles especially after the long wait.

Still I'm sure there will be collectors out there for these, so maybe next time
Zombie Creeping Flesh has already had three UK releases at least and a decent American release from Blue Underground which can be picked up for around a fiver.

Cannibal Ferox is easily available uncut on line as well. Cut and Run perhaps less so.

No one seems to have ever released to my knowledge an official release of Atlantis Interceptors so that would be very cool, however i have no knowledge of the rights issues or if a decent master exists.

2019 is another that can be picked up online. Shriek Show had it as part of a box set i believe.

Personally i'm pleased Shameless are back releasing obscure Italian films like The Nurse and am really hoping they have somehow got hold of the NoShame back catalogue or at least some of it. The Nurse is a fine film imo.

As you say maybe next time.
Old 9th August 2013, 02:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

2019 is another that can be picked up online.
I actually picked up my copy of 2019 in a £ shop. A small town £ shop.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th August 2013, 02:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I actually picked up my copy of 2019 in a £ shop. A small town £ shop.
Pete gave me my copy.
Old 9th August 2013, 02:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Zombie Creeping Flesh has already had three UK releases at least and a decent American release from Blue Underground which can be picked up for around a fiver.

Cannibal Ferox is easily available uncut on line as well. Cut and Run perhaps less so.

No one seems to have ever released to my knowledge an official release of Atlantis Interceptors so that would be very cool, however i have no knowledge of the rights issues or if a decent master exists.

2019 is another that can be picked up online. Shriek Show had it as part of a box set i believe.

Personally i'm pleased Shameless are back releasing obscure Italian films like The Nurse and am really hoping they have somehow got hold of the NoShame back catalogue or at least some of it. The Nurse is a fine film imo.

As you say maybe next time.

I know these have had many other releases but only on DVD, put any of them on blu-ray and I would imagine you would have a decent number of collectors picking them up.

Another potential Shameless title I always thought would be a good seller is a double bill of Anthropophagous and Absurd
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 9th August 2013, 02:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
but to be honest, something like Nurses sounds a lot better than Brass or Metzger titles to me :P
Never thought of it like that.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 9th August 2013, 03:36 PM
Cult Addict

Strikes 1 and 2!! C'mon Shameless, pull your finger out. Afterall, there are far superior slices of eurosleaze out there that you could of put out.
Old 9th August 2013, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No matter what a company releases there will always be disappointed fans.

So here a suggestion how about a thread where it up for eg say a month and people can put there suggestions on there, after the month the films suggested are then put in a poll, and people click which one they want but must only be one then after eg another month the top 3 can be put forward Shamelss and see what there opinions are, same can be done with Arrow and then that way see if they take note of the opinions of people. That way they can't go wrong.

Or something like that it could be a people choice poll.

Just a suggestion and idea.

That way the public are getting a say in what they want.

Like this? Share it using the links below!