Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2017, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love them to release Who Saw Her Die? on Bluray. Great giallo.
JAMIOUSE, ramses and trebor8273 like this.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:23 AM
Cult Master

"Do you like carnal violence? Well you're gonna love this Yell-O Ray release! Announcement this Friday, 12.30pm...

What could it be?
"

Let the guessing begin!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st June 2017, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Gotta be Torso
keirarts and platostotal like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st June 2017, 11:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wonder if it will be the same transfer as the old Blue Underground one?
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:52 PM
Cult Rookie

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Ca...943427&sr=1-30
Cue the "will it be uncut" queries. Answer is no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21st June 2017, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat82 View Post
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Ca...943427&sr=1-30
Cue the "will it be uncut" queries. Answer is no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A pointless release when there's loads of other great Italian classics that would sail past the BBFC.

I'll probably import Code Red's instead.
g053584398 and keirarts like this.
Old 21st June 2017, 01:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
A pointless release when there's loads of other great Italian classics that would sail past the BBFC.

I'll probably import Code Red's instead.
Will never get why people dismiss a local release due to an oversea's release or something like cuts for animal cruelty. They're often minor, have very little to do with plot and the films often work without them. Not only that, but the very large market who do not import, or don't care about the animal cruelty not being there, who will just buy it from a shop or online because it sounds good.

Also let's not forget the expense and difficulty in picking up a Code Red release as an international customer compared to the many different and cheaper avenues of picking up a Shameless release

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 21st June 2017, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Animal cruelty or not, I refuse to buy cut releases when there's an uncut option. In this case I have the uncut DVD from Europe and I'm in no rush to upgrade
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st June 2017, 01:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Will never get why people dismiss a local release due to an oversea's release or something like cuts for animal cruelty. They're often minor, have very little to do with plot and the films often work without them. Not only that, but the very large market who do not import, or don't care about the animal cruelty not being there, who will just buy it from a shop or online because it sounds good.

Also let's not forget the expense and difficulty in picking up a Code Red release as an international customer compared to the many different and cheaper avenues of picking up a Shameless release
But the film is still cut. And as a collector, i'll always buy the most complete version of a film that's available.
And there's also a good chance that the BBFC will make cuts apart from those of animal cruelty. If you're familiar with the Blue Underground dvd, you'll know what i mean.

If people want to buy the cut UK version, that's up to them.
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st June 2017, 02:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
But the film is still cut. And as a collector, i'll always buy the most complete version of a film that's available.
And there's also a good chance that the BBFC will make cuts apart from those of animal cruelty. If you're familiar with the Blue Underground dvd, you'll know what i mean.

If people want to buy the cut UK version, that's up to them.
I understand it is still cut, but to call it pointless when there would be a large market of people who aren't fussed or can only access this release is unfair. As an Australian, we got shafted with horror blu rays for years, and since Umbrella and Cinema Cult have picked up the slack, there's been a massive resurgence in older horror interest, and also new releases, leading to things like Umbrella putting out NOTLD 90 with correct colour timing, and commissioning new releases not available elsewhere. Before that though, I definitely knew people whose attitude to the first few ports of foreign titles was "there's no need for this release when I can import it".

As for other cuts, I can't remember the last time an older film didn't get all it's non Animal Cruelty cuts waived. The BBFC seems to be a lot more lenient now about things like that, especially with all the former video nasties and banned titles that have come out in recent years going through unscathed bar animal cruelty

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!