Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I agree, i don't see the point in any uk label releasing a film they know will never pass uncut due to animal cruelty
What about something like The Good, the Bad, the Weird which was cut for horse falls?
Old 11th July 2017, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
What about something like The Good, the Bad, the Weird which was cut for horse falls?
To me it's not the same thing. The cannibal films are infamous today because of the animal cruelty and general cannibalism.

Often slicing up a croc seemed shoved into these films to break up the tedium of wandering through the jungle. To not have it in is to take away much of what gave the films their 'nasty' reputation.

Horse falls should be deemed a no no in any film in the 21st century. They aren't necessary at all.
Old 11th July 2017, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't take Melon Farmers as gospel they do make mistakes with their reporting, they were saying for long enough that an 88 release was 'cut' when in fact it sailed through the BBFC with no problems at all.
Shameless will have to submit Mountain to the BBFC as it's a new release on a new label which I believe they have too. Like 88 will have to submit Watch Me When I Kill as it's on a new label to the previous Shameless release.
Old 11th July 2017, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
To me it's not the same thing. The cannibal films are infamous today because of the animal cruelty and general cannibalism.

Often slicing up a croc seemed shoved into these films to break up the tedium of wandering through the jungle. To not have it in is to take away much of what gave the films their 'nasty' reputation.

Horse falls should be deemed a no no in any film in the 21st century. They aren't necessary at all.
The similarity is there inasmuch that none of the animal cruelty is necessary.

If the cannibal films were written to engage the viewer through the narrative or the interaction between the characters, so the shock value of unsimulated animal torture and/or death was not needed to hold the viewers attention, they would be superior pieces of cinema. For example, A Man Called Horse has no animal violence but Man from Deep River does, and it is completely superfluous to a generally interesting film.

It is different, but if the filmmakers involved in films such as The Good, the Bad, the Weird wanted to avoid harm to horses (many of those falls lead to horses dying), they could. As you say, they are completely unnecessary.

All that said, I am sufficiently interested in Mountain of the Cannibal God (and put off by the stomach churning animal cruelty) to buy the 'cruelty free' release.
JAMIOUSE likes this.
Old 2nd August 2017, 03:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

BREAKING NEWS!!!

SHAMELESS IN RELEASE DATE DELAY SHOCKER!!!

"TORSO BLU-RAY - RELEASE UPDATE

We’ve had to push back our Blu-ray release of Sergio Martino’s giallo TORSO. We’re sorry for the delay - the Blu-ray will now be released on 25 September but as usual, the Shameless website will be the first to receive stock, so any orders placed directly with us will be despatched 1-2 weeks before the street date. We’ll unleash the main artwork, full specs and pre-order link for this classic Italian nasty soon, so keep your eyes peeled…"
JAMIOUSE and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd August 2017, 04:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't mind as it's better to be late than rushed.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So presumably Torso isn't using the off the shelf master that Blue Underground have used for their releases.
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
So presumably Torso isn't using the off the shelf master that Blue Underground have used for their releases.
They probably will do. It will be the exhaustive special features of a Shameless trailer reel that will be the delay.
JAMIOUSE, Rik, keirarts and 3 others like this.
Old 22nd August 2017, 03:43 PM
Cult Master

Facebook: "We'll be at Horror Channel FrightFest this weekend so come say hi and get a shiny Shameless badge! We wish we could be there officially this year but we're preparing something exciting which we'll announce soon..."

Could be either a new title or something about a festival appearance
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd August 2017, 03:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Facebook: "We'll be at Horror Channel FrightFest this weekend so come say hi and get a shiny Shameless badge! We wish we could be there officially this year but we're preparing something exciting which we'll announce soon..."

Could be either a new title or something about a festival appearance
Probably editing together a new trailer reel.

Like this? Share it using the links below!