Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2018, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
2mins 1sec for “six scenes of animal cruelty”

I can dig it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I hate cut films as much as the next man but I can deal without watching animal cruelty if that's all the cuts are.
I have it uncut on DVD so the prospect of having a version without the animal violence is actually more appealing than one with unnecessary footage than one which is completely intact.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th March 2018, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think this is a better cover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (14.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 28th March 2018, 11:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Because the BBFC use The Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937 to determine what constitutes animal cruelty on film. On reading it, and as per the BBFC’S site, they say that the act covers films shown in cinemas....but they apply it to dvd and blu-ray releases as well (which is bullshit tbh, as they all but admit that technically, they don’t have to remove such things from home video releases!).

Attachment 202670
Just the same as when films are shown uncut or extra scenes on TV than what's on DVD blu ray , TV have their own censorship, hence when new version of Evil dead was shown with the extra scenes .
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th March 2018, 03:50 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 202668

Just popped up on facebook.
"***SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT***

THE MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD

Release date: 7 May 2018
Format: Blu-ray and DVD

Sergio Martino (director of All The Colours Of The Dark, The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, Torso) invites you on the trip of a lifetime to THE MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD, for sun, wildlife and…flesh munching natives! You might just never come home…

Ursula Andress (The 10th Victim, The Nurse) travels to the New Guinea jungle in search of her scientist husband who’s vanished in the untamed Green Inferno. Soon the giant spiders, killer crocs and deadly snakes bare their teeth as her exploration party, lead by cult-fave Stacy Keach, journeys towards the sacred mountain of Ra Ra Me. There, the Cannibal God waits to enslave her in an orgiastic climax of frenzied flesh-eating… and bestial barbarity!

Banned as a ‘video nasty’, this entirely new widescreen release features previously unseen footage (of sex and gore) and is the longest ever UK version. Get ready, as Shameless serve up the world’s first 2K restoration of this ferocious exploitation treat, to be devoured in all its blood-soaked glory!

*Special Edition Contents*
• The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978) – restored from a new 2K scan and with previously unseen material
• Exclusive Numbered O’card (Blu-ray only)
• Interviews with Director Sergio Martino
• Making-of 'Cannibal Nightmare'
• ‘Cannibal Paradise’, a ‘snakes and ladders’ inspired board game
• Theatrical Trailer
• Original English audio soundtrack in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono

*Specs*
• Region: Blu-ray Region B, DVD Region 2
• Feature length: 101 minutes
• BD50 / 1080p / 24fps
• Audio: 2.0 dual mono

Pre-order coming soon!"
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th March 2018, 07:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ll probably wait until it’s cheap because, like Dem I own an uncut DVD and the film isn’t all that good, certainly not worth the £12.99 price that I imagine Shameless will charge for it
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th March 2018, 09:31 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I wonder how much unseen footage is added to make it the longest version ever? Should be at least three minutes or it won't be any longer than the uncut version.

Also if the quality is going to drop significantly in these added scenes then personally i wouldn't bother. The quality drops in Top Sensation were jarring.
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 29th March 2018, 11:55 AM
Cult Addict

I really don't know why UK labels bother with cannibal films. It's a safe bet they'll get cut as animal cruelty was a staple of the genre and while some fans are ok missing the animal cruelty a lot will argue cut is cut and buy the American release. Personally I'll stick to DVD as I'm not jumping through all the hoops involved in trying to buy a code red title especially given the cost and the fact I don't really like the film.
Naturally as well a few angry c**** with no social lives are haunting the social media threads slagging off shameless and anyone whose suggested they might be buying a copy.
Ultimately there's lots of titles unreleased in the UK that would pass uncut.
Old 29th March 2018, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What annoys me about cutting the animal violence out of films is the consistency of their reasoning. (The British Board of Film Censors.) Or should that be their inconsistency?
Want to show a water buffalo decapitated with a f*ck off machete in one blow at the end of your Vietnam movie? No problems here.
Blow bloody great holes in kangaroos whose scenes have little to no relevance to the story? Aww, no worries, mate.
Torture and kill lizards pretending to be centre of the Earth dinosaurs? Oh, little Jimmy will love that shit, pass the super glue and plastic spikes.
Pull a turtle out of the water (Leaving her babies to starve, presumably...) flip it on its back, cut its head off, mug to the camera with it flopping its jaw, slice off a flipper next...coz...well, why not? Then hack open the underside of its shell before cooking and eating it. Well...turtle is quite tasty you know.
Show a mongoose and a snake fight like you can see on the Animal channels documentary? OH MY GOD!! NOOOOO! You sick bastard, what kind of pervert are you, advocating to see such horrendous shit!? You nasty paedophile motherlover, bet you masturbate at these scenes. People like you should be locked up, raped by Bubba and buried under the prison!
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th March 2018, 07:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Do we need this debate again? The water buffalo killed in Apocalypse Now, kangaroos killed in Wake in Fright were not "for the purposes of making the film", but something which was taking place in the location and captured on film to be incorporated into the movie. It's different from staging unnecessary slaughter or horse falls, for example.

I'm not a big fan of the "quick kill" distinction which means a chicken can be killed in Hidden, the turtle in Cannibal Holocaust, or the snails (if the Animals Act extended to invertebrates) in Mean Creek. It seems to be a way of allowing certain animal slaughter to the films when disallowing others.

It's been quite a while since I saw Mountain of the Cannibal God, but all the animal deaths seem to involve a great deal of suffering, completely gratuitous, and incidental to the plot.
Old 29th March 2018, 07:44 PM
Cult Rookie

I have a dvd rip of this from a uk satellite channel, and all the animal cruelty is intact. The vagaries of censorship, eh?🤨

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!