Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2018, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The Shameless website still says 18th of May as the shipping date; mine hasn't been sent yet.
Oh I've just had a despatch email!
Old 21st May 2018, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I am not entertained by watching living snakes being skinned, a monkey being eaten alive by a snake or a fully conscious monitor lizard being gutted, so previously close my eyes when I know those parts are about to appear on screen. I know the animals are long dead, but I don't want to watch gratuitous and completely unnecessary suffering of sentient creatures if at all possible.
Fair enough.

Still, those (I agree - completely unnecessary) scenes are part of the final film. It's a different film without those scenes.
Old 21st May 2018, 06:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Fair enough.

Still, those (I agree - completely unnecessary) scenes are part of the final film. It's a different film without those scenes.
It is, but because I try not to watch them anyway (I'm the same with with all versions of Cannibal Holocaust, even the turtle killing in the re-edited one, Cannibal Ferox, and almost every other cannibal movie with animal torture, Apocalypse Now etc.) I'd prefer a well edited version without obvious scenes where animals are unnecessarily suffering.

Since I read about it, I now I don't particularly feel much like watching Life of Pi again because I know a tiger was mis-treated during its filming.
Old 21st May 2018, 07:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Since I read about it, I now I don't particularly feel much like watching Life of Pi again because I know a tiger was mis-treated during its filming.
I never bothered watching it due to hearing about the tiger.
Old 21st May 2018, 07:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ?

I think in film terms it would be a fair trade if we got footage of actual people getting eaten and killed by animals,to offset the animal cruelty....take for example someone who bangs on about freedom of speech etc..and feed the f**ker to an alligator while being filmed by a bunch narcissistic numbskulls...and then later on we can argue the toss on a forum about it...just a suggestion...

Old 21st May 2018, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I never bothered watching it due to hearing about the tiger.
I'm not sure why, but I was completely unaware of it until looking into the 4K release. It's one of those instances where knowing about how something was made (a film, TV show, album, book, painting or any other art form) changes the way you feel about it.

I don't think humans would be different even though they have managers, agents and (at least in theory) the capacity to argue with a director or voice their concerns to someone on set, all things an animal can't do.

For example, Ellen Page said she was verbally abused and subjected to homophobic slurs by Brett Ratner on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand, a shoot where she was sexually assaulted by a grip. This has has changed the way I think about the film and reduced the chances of me watching it again any time soon.
Old 21st May 2018, 08:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
For example, Ellen Page said she was verbally abused and subjected to homophobic slurs by Brett Ratner on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand, a shoot where she was sexually assaulted by a grip. This has has changed the way I think about the film and reduced the chances of me watching it again any time soon.
I didn't need to know all those things about X-Men: The Last Stand to know I'd never watch it again. Watching it once was enough!
Old 21st May 2018, 08:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Why?
Old 21st May 2018, 08:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Why?
Because I'll see Ellen Page on screen and have a nagging thought about whether that scene was before or after she was subjected to homophobic abuse by Brett Ratner, or before or after she was sexually abused by a grip. Knowing things like that took place on a film set tempers my enjoyment of the finished product.
Old 21st May 2018, 08:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Do you still enjoy watching the Birds knowing now what Hitchcock put Tippi Hedren through during the shoot?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!