Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2018, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched Ferox last night, while it's still an icky experience the reduced animal violence certainly helps. I could have done without the screams of coati as the snake approaches poor little thing. I was surprised how drawn out the actual scene was and that the BBFC didn't want ten seconds or so trimming. The film itself actually looks pretty good considering it's origins. I wonder what Shameless are planning next?
Old 7th August 2018, 07:12 PM
Active Cultist

I won't be picking Ferox up though it should sell a few. I'm disappointed with their last few choice of titles and would love to see something obscure given a release.
Old 7th August 2018, 07:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wish they would put a few more gialli out instead. Who Saw Her Die?, would be a great upgrade. Or something more obscure like Death Carries a Cane.
Old 7th August 2018, 07:55 PM
Active Cultist

Any gialli I haven't seen would be a purchase. The problem is most releases these days are already out there on other labels. It sucks.
Old 7th August 2018, 09:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Agreed, would love more gialli, they had such a strong selection when they first arrived on the scene (I guess other labels must be scrambling to get rights like 88 with Watch Me When I kill), but some new ones would be awesome!
davcol likes this.
Old 8th August 2018, 12:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I am still hoping they will release Dellamorte dellamore on bluray as there is a trailer for it on The church.
Old 8th August 2018, 12:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
I am still hoping they will release Dellamorte dellamore on bluray as there is a trailer for it on The church.
You better wait for another release. I am more than sure it'll be one of their usual hackjobs.
Old 8th August 2018, 12:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
You better wait for another release. I am more than sure it'll be one of their usual hackjobs.
Seems a bit harsh although I'm no blu ray expert.
Old 8th August 2018, 12:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

i have several of there releases and can't say that i have found anything wrong with them. watched the Church recently and it looks very good.
Old 8th August 2018, 04:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
i have several of there releases and can't say that i have found anything wrong with them. watched the Church recently and it looks very good.
I've bought 3 of their blu-rays: Four Flies On Grey Velvet, The Church & The Sect. The Church was easily the best of those.

Flies had terrible sound issues towards the end (it really should have been recalled and replaced) and The Sect does look really bad, especially if compared to the American or German versions.

Thinking about it, I think 'Cult Films' is the same firm (is that correct?) and I very much liked their recent Suspiria re-issue.

Like this? Share it using the links below!