Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree2352Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2019, 06:27 PM
Cult Addict

Well here we go
THE BEYOND has arrived and is shipping NOW!

Shameless proudly presents Lucio Fulci’s THE BEYOND aka ‘L’Aldila’ from a new 2K scan.

We apologies for the massive delay between our announcement earlier this year and the release. This is due to the fact that the original delivery materials were inadequate and we had to wait for a new 2K scan. The silver-lining is that there was the discovery of the original colour camera footage which was scanned in 2K and restored for the first time ever.

Format: numbered, limited edition Blu-ray (3,000 units)

Release date: 13 January but available from us direct NOW

Order direct: http://bit.ly/SHAM224

When jaded New Yorker (Catriona MacColl) inherits a New Orleans hotel, she calls on composed local doctor (David Warbeck) to contain the inexplicable and increasingly gory accidents that are plaguing the building and its grounds. But soon the Gates of Hell themselves open under the hotel, rendering their fight futile as the dead emerge to walk the earth in Fulci’s masterpiece of metaphysical horror The Beyond.

NEW EXTRAS:

• ‘Emily’s Eyes’ – an interview with Cinzia Monreale (with English subtitles).

• ‘Arachnophobia’ – an interview with Michele Mirabella (with English subtitles).

• ‘Murder, They Wrote’ – a unique interview with scriptwriter Giorgio Mariuzzo on working with Lucio Fulci (with English subtitles).

• Prologue four-way comparison showing the original colour, B&W, standard sepia and the new, fourth-way, a version of toning over colour.

ARCHIVE EXTRAS:

• Sergio Salvati (Director of Photography) feature-length audio commentary dissecting the film - with new English subtitles.

• Catriona McCall and David Warbeck a wonderful lively chatty feature-length audio commentary

• Lucio Fulci banter (short conversation on a film set)

SPECIAL BLU-RAY FEATURE:
For the first time ever The Beyond is presented with four different versions of the prologue, seamlessly branched:

(1) The now accepted standard sepia
(2) The original colour camera footage (restored from a new 2K scan)
(3) The B&W version
(4) A new fourth-way: presented as an homage to Maestro Lucio Fulci and DOP Sergio Salvatti. For this new alternative prologue version we have used the restored colour camera footage as a base on which the toning was applied in reference to known considerations from Salvatti. The result is that the reds of the gore are now strikingly visible and all the light sources such as the torches and car headlights are much more luminous.

The Beyond is shipping from our store NOW: http://bit.ly/SHAM224

PS for our next two releases we're cooking up a special edition witches brew but it's no skin off our shins! Any guesses?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 6th December 2019, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Not enough to tempt me, I’ll stick with the Grindhouse Releasing version, chances are there’ll be something wrong with it anyway
Dave likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th December 2019, 08:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yep, Arrow version good enough for me.
Rik and Dave like this.
Old 6th December 2019, 08:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Anyone able to make a stab at what the clues to the next releases are?
Old 6th December 2019, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love the beyond, it's Fulci's masterpiece, but every shameless "limited" release has eventually turned up cheap somewhere after i've bought it. 4 versions of the opening, why it's like getting those missing boat frames from ZFE back! Looooollll!!!!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th January 2020, 02:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A pretty positive review over at Mondo Digital 👍

The Beyond
g053584398 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th January 2020, 03:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Whilst Mondo makes no mention of it, I've read a few people saying that the Shameless The Beyond has echo-ey audio. That scares me off from an immediate purchase.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 14th January 2020, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yeah, they always seem to **** something up, on all their releases.
Even though the transfer seems to be good, I'll rather wait for a future 4K transfer.
Old 14th January 2020, 04:21 PM
Cult Veteran

By the sounds of it, the mono audio has been multiplexed to 4 channels and they are slightly out of phase with each other which is causing the echo. Some have said to downmix to 2 channels if you can and others still are saying that it'll still be out of phase (echoey) but just coming out of 2 speakers instead of 4...

The video looks good, but very similar to the Grindhouse one.

There is apparently another company working on a release in the US so it might be worth waiting.
Steel76 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th January 2020, 10:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Knew it wasn’t worth a punt. Speaking of Shameless **** ups, I noticed that Dellamorte Dellamore is on Amazon Prime Video, so I thought I’d give it a watch seeing as their dvd is a stuttering mess (as is the blu ray apparently), watched a few minutes and it’s the same shitty transfer, so that got switched off!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!