Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2012, 06:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Then i won't stop bitching, bitch.

Fair enough.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Well, since I don't have either of these, I'll be buying them. But if you're not buying them, fine. Just stop your bitching people. Muahahahahahaha
Exactly what I'm thinking.
You guys are lucky you even have a label dedicated to these kind of things.
In Australia we have jack shit.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 7th August 2012, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
In Australia we have jack shit.
Anchor Bay Australia? Force Video? Umbrella? What do you mean no dedicated genre labels?

You guys got I Spit On Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust uncut - that's more than we're allowed in the UK.
Pete, g053584398 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Anchor Bay Australia? Force Video? Umbrella? What do you mean no dedicated genre labels?

You guys got I Spit On Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust uncut - that's more than we're allowed in the UK.
Strewth! There have been some great genre films released on DVD on Australia such as Stone, Time Guardian, Razorback, Dark Age, The Chain Reaction, Fantasm, Nightmares, Long Weekend, Mad Dog Morgan, Patrick and Thirst etc.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

Anchor Bay Australia has not released that much at all, Umbrella's ok, but they really release only the big titles, and I've not heard of Force Video.
But anyway, there are a LOT of horror titles unavalible in Australia

Old 8th August 2012, 12:50 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
But anyway, there are a LOT of horror titles unavalible in Australia
That could be said for almost anywhere. There's a lot that's still unavailable here in the UK. There's stuff available here that's not in Aus and vice versa. But you might be surprised at just how much stuff is available in Australia if you know where to look. The guys I talk to certainly find plenty of good stuff to get their hands on and I have, in the past, imported a fair few R4 titles that were unavailable over here (like the Heston film the Awakening). Australia was also the first country I know of to get Death Wish 2 full uncut on DVD.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
That could be said for almost anywhere. There's a lot that's still unavailable here in the UK. There's stuff available here that's not in Aus and vice versa. But you might be surprised at just how much stuff is available in Australia if you know where to look. The guys I talk to certainly find plenty of good stuff to get their hands on and I have, in the past, imported a fair few R4 titles that were unavailable over here (like the Heston film the Awakening). Australia was also the first country I know of to get Death Wish 2 full uncut on DVD.
I'm more thinking of just horror titles, and the UK certainly has a hell of a lot of those, plus also, a fair few of those released are barebones.
Also, when there is a R4 version of something I want to find, like Bad Taste, I can't find the bloody thing anywhere!!!

Old 8th August 2012, 01:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm more thinking of just horror titles, and the UK certainly has a hell of a lot of those, plus also, a fair few of those released are barebones.
Also, when there is a R4 version of something I want to find, like Bad Taste, I can't find the bloody thing anywhere!!!
It is funny because there is interesting stuff that isn't available in one region that is available in a different one.

I love classic Australian exploitation cinema but, as you would expect, a lot of the better releases come from Australia. That makes sense of course, but can be a little frustrating. The best release of Not Quite Hollywood, for example, is the Australian one by far because, unlike the other releases in other parts of the world, the Aussie one has 2 DVDs worth of content.

I hear what you're saying though.
Old 8th August 2012, 01:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
It is funny because there is interesting stuff that isn't available in one region that is available in a different one.

I love classic Australian exploitation cinema but, as you would expect, a lot of the better releases come from Australia. That makes sense of course, but can be a little frustrating. The best release of Not Quite Hollywood, for example, is the Australian one by far because, unlike the other releases in other parts of the world, the Aussie one has 2 DVDs worth of content.

I hear what you're saying though.
I can understand this. Apparently Razorback has a really nice edition in Australia.

Old 8th August 2012, 07:11 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I can understand this. Apparently Razorback has a really nice edition in Australia.
Now that's a film that totally deserves an Arrow Blu upgrade

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!