Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2012, 12:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Well (personally speaking) I don't own either, never seen AMSTERDAMNED and don't own HWLW but remember it being one of the craziest gialli I've ever seen so I'm very much looking forward to these releases. More 'exotic' releases will come in time from Shameless, no doubt, so I think we just have to be patient. We are lucky to have them... and as others have said, at least they have stopped re-releasing for the time being!
i hope you right but to me shameless look as if there on their way out judging by there output this year. im having to get the poliziotteschi stuff im interested in from america and italy and would rather have paid more for a shameless version instead. its been said a thousand times but ill say it again genre film fans want restored stuff not rahashes like amsterdamned or laughing windows.
Crimson Blade likes this.
Old 18th September 2012, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I couldn't get on with House With The Laughing Windows, sadly. I have the Image DVD and that'll do me as it just didn't do it for me, as I say. I'm getting Amsterdamned though.
Old 19th September 2012, 10:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I couldn't get on with House With The Laughing Windows, sadly. I have the Image DVD and that'll do me as it just didn't do it for me, as I say. I'm getting Amsterdamned though.
The house with laughing windows is far more beypnd anything that Amsterdamned stands for. It has horror, strange plot, a few twists, graphic killings, So to say, many things that make a giallo-like horror-movie.
Amsterdamned is a police-thriller that has decent suspence but moreover it has nothing. No twists, no real "rhriller-feeling.
I don't even understand the 18-rating. There is absolutely nothing thar justifies this rating. It could imo have an 15-rating.

Anyway strange decision to release this one as it doesdn't fit in the portfolio and it isn't italian (as I thought, Shameless had thir focus on 70s-italian cinema) an it is by no means "horrible".
A simple crime-film, where the caracterisics of the culprit are almost known from the start and which also has some teenager-father-arguements.
It is surely watchable but nothin special.

I don't know, if anyone here knows the German 'Tatort' films. I would primarily campare amsterdamed to those.
Old 19th September 2012, 11:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought Amsterdamned had a lot of slasher traits attached to it though, so in that regard it fits in with the rest of their catalogue, but yeah it's not Italian which is unusual.
Old 20th September 2012, 08:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I thought Amsterdamned had a lot of slasher traits attached to it though, so in that regard it fits in with the rest of their catalogue, but yeah it's not Italian which is unusual.
maybe my uncut-stated version is yet cut. I can see no "slasher traits". The scene on the cover fades out before you can see anything (and besides in an italian giallo-like film, shwe woulöd have been topless ) and the prostitute-murder is in a very dark corner so that you rather hear than see anything. And apart from that you don't see anything of the other murders; you just see the police investigating afterwards.
The most interesting thing ist the speed-boat pursiut, but that's all. The you-love-me-love-him-thing is unnecessary too and is rather typical for German Tatort. It just distracts from the plot and imo tries to help over some lengthy action. And there are more such scenes which don't do anything to carry on the action.
So the backery scene: Police-Officer sees a hold-up of a backery-shop while waiting on the traffic-lights. He helps, arrests the robber, but destroys some cakes. And what does the owner do? He only asks who pays for the destroyed cakes. I had to fight not to burst into laughter. This and some other scenes more than once question the seriousness of the film for me.

By all means, it cannot keep pace with House of Laughing Windows for example.

If the film had been released amongst other titles by another label it probably would have fit. But amongst the titles here it just is out of place
Old 18th October 2012, 08:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

For em its HWLW Amsterdamned doesnt interest.

Like this? Share it using the links below!