• 3 Post By Demdike@Cult Labs
  • 1 Post By Baseball Fury

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:12 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Dawn of the Dead (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread

Dawn of the Dead (ArrowDrome)

As a blend of horror, action, tension, and humour, Dawn of the Dead stands in a class of its own as the only true zombie epic of all time.

A National Emergency grips the US as the zombie population grows at an alarming rate. Two S.W.A.T. officers, a helicopter pilot and his girlfriend escape the city and take refuge in an abandoned shopping mall after securing it following a series of flesh-shredding confrontations with the undead. Their survival is threatended when a band of looters leave a door open allowing the zombies access to the mall once more and a final stand-off for survival must play out.

With near unbearable tension throughout, George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead is a work of zombie film-making genius.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES 2 AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH GEORGE ROMERO, TOM SAVINI AND MORE + FOR EVERY NIGHT THERE IS A DAWN COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET’!

127 mins approx
Region 0 PAL
Available 3 October 2011
RRP £9.99

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 15th September 2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Not a bad cover imo but Arrow's multi-disc DVD and BR sets win hands down for me and i'm perfectly content with 'em.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:07 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

As Splatterdragon says its ok. The top image just looks like people waiting in an airport for a 15 hour delayed flight.
Old 23rd August 2011, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Not too keen on the top image used for the cover, the zombies lunging through the elevator doors image would have been better.
Old 23rd August 2011, 01:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Not too keen on the top image used for the cover, the zombies lunging through the elevator doors image would have been better.
I agree, but the designer probably wanted to use an "Original" image, some collectors will probably buy it just for that reason.
Old 23rd August 2011, 02:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

As I've just said in the Day thread, even though I've only had the recent Arrow release about a month, I'll still pick this up too, it probably won't even get watched, purely for collection reasons (and to annoy my wife, "another DVD of that film, what's wrong with you man!")

The boat can leave now, tell the crew
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd August 2011, 03:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm glad the spines aren't numbered on these releases - there's already a bunch of titles I won't be rebuying . . . !
Old 23rd August 2011, 04:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I'm glad the spines aren't numbered on these releases - there's already a bunch of titles I won't be rebuying . . . !
Definitely, there's only 3 that I want so far, which are TMWTSH, McBain and the other one! Not interested in Cheerleaders or the re-issues. I'd rather pick up House By The Cemetary in the white case!
Metallicbomb likes this.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The top image just looks like people waiting in an airport for a 15 hour delayed flight.
Well said and i like it!
Old 24th August 2011, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
You're right and said still would've definitely been the superior option for the top image imo too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!