Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Wes Craven's Greatest Films? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7156-wes-cravens-greatest-films.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 04:00 PM

Wes Craven's Greatest Films?

There's few who would deny that Wes Craven is one of the most well-known directors in all of horror, and taking a look at his films, it's easy to see why. With the upcoming release of Deadly Blessing, what perfect time to have the ultimate Cult Labs' Wes Craven poll.

What are your favourite films Craven has directed? It'll be interesting to see where Deadly Blessing stands in this poll. Vote for your favs and let us know why. Are you even a fan of his work.

Deadly Blessing is out on the 28th November and can be ordered here.

zombiematt 9th November 2011 06:45 PM

I voted for A Nightmare On Elm Street as I found it a really imaginative horror movie.

mark meakin 9th November 2011 07:05 PM

would say the original Nightmare On Elm St,People Under The Stairs & Deadly Blessings for me though most of his films are quite entertaining.Always thought Scream was overrated though.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 07:36 PM

Easily The People Under the Stairs.

I'm not a big fan of Craven, but he nails it in this. The Serpent and the Rainbow is also very good.

antmumford 9th November 2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 196463)
Easily The People Under the Stairs.

I'm not a big fan of Craven, but he nails it in this. The Serpent and the Rainbow is also very good.

I forgot Serpent was by Wes, good film that, from what I can remember. Been a few years.

Not seen People Under the Stairs yet. I guess I'll put that high priority on Lovefilm now

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 196493)
I forgot Serpent was by Wes, good film that, from what I can remember. Been a few years.

Not seen People Under the Stairs yet. I guess I'll put that high priority on Lovefilm now

TPUTS is a great film, Ant. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 08:35 PM

I can take or leave Craven really, but he has done a few very good films.

Of his more recent output i gave a vote to Red Eye.

Its a short frenetically paced B-movie which entertains throughout.

antmumford 9th November 2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 196496)
I can take or leave Craven really, but he has done a few very good films.

Of his more recent output i gave a vote to Red Eye.

Its a short frenetically paced B-movie which entertains throughout.

It didn't have the greatest reception but I thought it was really good too. Guess I'm biased for loving both Cillian and Rachel though

Slippery Jack 9th November 2011 09:11 PM

Not much of a Craven fan, I'm going with Last House, just cuz it sticks in my memory more than the others (not a Freddy fan either) . . .

Make Them Die Slowly 9th November 2011 10:41 PM

LHOTL is my favourite though I remember being incredibly impressed with NOES on it's original cinema run. "The People Under the Stairs" is great as are "Serpent and the Rainbow" and "The Hills Have Eyes".