Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree145Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2011, 12:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I agree. What is the point of releasing a film that we all already have on DVD?
Blu please!!
Old 18th October 2011, 12:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Wonderful film to release and the UK does need a version...

...I'm really not sure I'd buy another DVD of it though. Too tempting to either buy an imported BD or wait and see if Shameless release a BD of it at any point.

I really do appreciate the reasons behind this being DVD only, but I think it's a mistake. Sorry to be so negative.

As ever, though, I wish Shameless the best of luck with it.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:32 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
I agree. What is the point of releasing a film that we all already have on DVD?
Blu please!!
I don't already have it on DVD and I'm pretty sure I can't be the only person...

But, anyway, it looks like we're all in agreement: whoever learns to pull £10 notes out of their ears first donates the cash to Shameless so they can do a Blu-ray of this.

I'm off to start practising...
Old 18th October 2011, 12:40 PM
Ex-Member

I prefer my shameless titles on dvd. The packaging is far better. As for the pic quality I have never had a problem with them. Dvd is cheaper to produce, and cheaper to buy (atm). I like to watch my shameless titles in bed where I don't have a BD player. I always pick dvd titles first in shops if there cheaper. Then again I did hold onto the vhs big box films for too long after DVD came out.
That said this is a fantastic title. I really can't wait for this. I saw it years agao and loved it. The zombies, the fairy tale quality it has is fantastic. A must buy.
Cult Acolyte

Bleh. Not a fan of the film, but would be interested to hear the Soavi commentary.

Still waiting on...

Seasoned Cultist

I've never seen this and have held off importing it because it's pretty pricey. I'm with the others though, it's disappointing that it's not going to be on blu ray as well, given it's availablilty elsewhere.

Do we know what languages it will be in?
Old 18th October 2011, 12:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Blu is the way forward chaps. Once you go blu, my 'o my you'll regret getting the DVD copies of films. I know I do!
Old 18th October 2011, 12:43 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
Do we know what languages it will be in?
Not yet.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's a real shame there is no BD release but I'd still buy this for the extras, artwork and to boost the chances of a future HD release.
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
It does at the moment. The repercussions of that fire have had a massive impact on the finances of small companies like Shameless who weren't exactly rolling in it to begin with!

Trust me, they'd love to release this on BD but budgets are so tight they simply can't gamble on an investment like this. These are niche titles we're talking about. Even Blu-rays don't sell that many copies. They have a finite amount of money available so if Shameless did release a Blu-ray of this, it would impact on their ability to purchase other titles.

It's a sad state of affairs but it's more or less out of Shameless' hands since the fire has had such a big impact.

That may be, but Shameless could only afford to produce about a third or a quarter of the amount of copies on Blu-ray as they would DVD, since Blu-ray costs 3-4 times more per unit to produce. They only have so much money to invest.
I know how all this works and I understand Shameless are working on a tight budget (and yes, I'm fully aware that these aren't mainstream titles) but they weren't the only company affected by that fire and, assuming they had insurance, they would have been refunded for the loss. Many of the other companies affected have carried on and announced BD releases. Yes, some of these labels may be slightly bigger but some aren't and they've carried on.

I would have ordered a BD without hesitation but now I'll be ordering the Italian release instead. I rather they'd have just ****ed off HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK and spent the money of giving us a great BD of a genuine classic.

I'm not having ago at you Sarah as I know you only post the info you're given, but it's just really frustrating.
broonage and antmumford like this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!