Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree145Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2011, 07:52 PM
Ex-Member

I didn't say they didn't look better. I don't have shitty eyes, equipment or shitty discs. I do have some great BD including half the ones you mentioned besides Star Wars (I mean why would I).
I prefer dvd because its far more affordable. Some films like Fulci's which I like, I couldn't give a toss about outstanding pic quality as long as its great to me and most of the shameless dvds I have bought are great for me so I don't feel the need to change.
The only BD I buy are those close to my heart.
Old 18th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

One thing about this does confuse me a bit; the choice of movies on the labels. Not so much Shameless Vs Arrow but what would be best on what label. Now, I loved Pieces, thought it was great fun as I had never seen it before, but an Arrow disc? Seemed more like a Shameless release to me. And Cemetary Man - I think would be best in a white box. After all, the Fantastic Factory movies were released by Arrow and they're borderline Shameless, I reckon.
It's no big deal as I'm glad that they get released, full stop. It just got me thinking
Old 18th October 2011, 09:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

I was thinking the same thing. Dellamorte lacks a certain TRASH factor that I associate with Shameless. Pieces has it in spades . . .
Old 18th October 2011, 09:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Fist off great news, I don't have it on DVD either so Shameless 36 will be a sure fire sitter on my shelf. But after reading this thread...( the rest of this post is written with affection, humor and respect for members views here)

You know we are not all an unpatriotic lot buying second rate foreign imported muck to stick in our Japanese players, ahem, you do know that importing discs supports acts like chicken racing and goblin tossing, so think before spending money overseas when you buy that little disc, and anyway HM customs gob on all imported discs. So if you must buy this horror tosh, make sure it comes wrapped in a nice yellow box, you know it makes sense.

If it's not Yellow it ain't Shameless.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Fist off great news, I don't have it on DVD either so Shameless 36 will be a sure fire sitter on my shelf. But after reading this thread...( the rest of this post is written with affection, humor and respect for members views here)

You know we are not all an unpatriotic lot buying second rate foreign imported muck to stick in our Japanese players, ahem, you do know that importing discs supports acts like chicken racing and goblin tossing, so think before spending money overseas when you buy that little disc, and anyway HM customs gob on all imported discs. So if you must buy this horror tosh, make sure it comes wrapped in a nice yellow box, you know it makes sense.

I'm not going to buy a release JUST because it's from the UK. I have no brand loyalty - If there is a better version overseas I will buy it. I'm simply not in a position to splash out on various editions of the same film.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 18th October 2011, 09:53 PM
Cultist

Quote:

When you import from an EU country, they wont charge any custom fee! Thats why i who live in Sweden can import how much i want from the UK without having to pay customs!
Old 18th October 2011, 10:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper View Post
When you import from an EU country, they wont charge any custom fee! Thats why i who live in Sweden can import how much i want from the UK without having to pay customs!
Yeah, but don't Swedish customs dip imports in Reindeer droppings(sorry)

I can understand peeps wanting the film on Blu, but if the logic is don't bother releasing a DVD if it can be ordered from any of the four corners of the world, Shameless would release um... not many. I for one like the idea of Shamelees eyeing up a film they like the look of(OOP or non UK release in particular) and slapping a yellow cover on it and getting the film out to the masses. But Pete is correct that if an import knocks spots off the domestic issue and is reasonably similar in price the local issue will have trouble shifting.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
ALIEN 2: ON EARTH - which hadn't been available since the VHS days - looks fooking unbelievable on blu-ray!
Sadly it's one of the worst films ever made and I look at it on my shelf and kick myself for buying it.

Mind you, I actually like the title Cemetery Man, so what do I know...?

I really want to point out I did not post earlier in any slight kind of aggression towards Shameless or intend to stress out Sarah. Just my view. I am not counting the profits for Shameless. What seems a very bad idea to me might be a life line to them.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I certainly never set to stress out Sarah and If my post came out as aggressive then I apologise.

Last edited by Pete; 18th October 2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah, but don't Swedish customs dip imports in Reindeer droppings(sorry)

I can understand peeps wanting the film on Blu, but if the logic is don't bother releasing a DVD if it can be ordered from any of the four corners of the world, Shameless would release um... not many. I for one like the idea of Shamelees eyeing up a film they like the look of(OOP or non UK release in particular) and slapping a yellow cover on it and getting the film out to the masses. But Pete is correct that if an import knocks spots off the domestic issue and is reasonably similar in price the local issue will have trouble shifting.
Again, I'm not going to buy a title just because it's released by a certain label. I shouldn't feel obliged to either. Companies take a risk and that's their choice. They can't expect everyone to buy it.

I agree that it's great that this stuff is being made available in the UK but, as I said before, I'm not in a position to waste money on multiple editions. I want one edition and I want that one to be the best I can get. I'm not going to waste money just because of who is releasing it.

Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!