Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree145Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2011, 10:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Yeah, but don't Swedish customs dip imports in Reindeer droppings(sorry)

I can understand peeps wanting the film on Blu, but if the logic is don't bother releasing a DVD if it can be ordered from any of the four corners of the world, Shameless would release um... not many. I for one like the idea of Shamelees eyeing up a film they like the look of(OOP or non UK release in particular) and slapping a yellow cover on it and getting the film out to the masses. But Pete is correct that if an import knocks spots off the domestic issue and is reasonably similar in price the local issue will have trouble shifting.
I - or anyone else - never said they should stop releasing stuff just because it's available elsewhere, I'm just saying that I'm not going to buy a title just because it's released by a certain label. I shouldn't feel obliged to either. Companies take a risk and that's their choice. They can't expect everyone to buy it. Aandnjspn fpng fheow, fipenwip iwbfbwbe4b[anxd xn? dj jd wek df f! Bisniwpandpsnf ufpens jk, fueinfizas nnpnfpnb jirpnvnrn grog rjinend jnspndpn!!!

I agree it's great that this stuff is being made available in the UK but, as I said before, I'm not in a position to waste money on multiple editions. I want one edition and I want that one to be the best I can get. I'm not going to waste money just because of who is releasing it. Poople shlop, bing phzzz bnv - gtyso io fluumb iokfioejf! Aandnjspn fpng fheow, fipenwip iwbfbwbe4b[anxd xn? dj jd wek df f! Bisniwpandpsnf ufpens jk, fueinfizas nnpnfpnb jirpnvnrn grog rjinend jnspndpn!!!

Duwhoi heh, fhiensifnn hdnadn. Saoafjdn nfn nfe fnnefnesajf n lfewlfk 'kf#f.

That's is my last post on the matter.

(btw I'm very drunk right now so I don't know if that makes any sense at all)
Daemonia, the blob and platostotal like this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 18th October 2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Makes perfect sense. Especially after reading the same paragraph twice.

Same for me though, I'll add. Long gone right now are the days when I could afford to own more than one copy of a release. Even extras are dying off on me a bit now although I'll plump for the version with more if the quality is the same.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I have edited it so it now makes even more sense!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 18th October 2011, 11:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I - or anyone else - never said they should stop releasing stuff just because it's available elsewhere, I'm just saying that I'm not going to buy a title just because it's released by a certain label. I shouldn't feel obliged to either. Companies take a risk and that's their choice. They can't expect everyone to buy it. Aandnjspn fpng fheow, fipenwip iwbfbwbe4b[anxd xn? dj jd wek df f! Bisniwpandpsnf ufpens jk, fueinfizas nnpnfpnb jirpnvnrn grog rjinend jnspndpn!!!

I agree it's great that this stuff is being made available in the UK but, as I said before, I'm not in a position to waste money on multiple editions. I want one edition and I want that one to be the best I can get. I'm not going to waste money just because of who is releasing it. Poople shlop, bing phzzz bnv - gtyso io fluumb iokfioejf! Aandnjspn fpng fheow, fipenwip iwbfbwbe4b[anxd xn? dj jd wek df f! Bisniwpandpsnf ufpens jk, fueinfizas nnpnfpnb jirpnvnrn grog rjinend jnspndpn!!!

I had to quote it just in case it gets deleted. Genius!
Pete likes this.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:17 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Yeah, but don't Swedish customs dip imports in Reindeer droppings(sorry)

I can understand peeps wanting the film on Blu, but if the logic is don't bother releasing a DVD if it can be ordered from any of the four corners of the world, Shameless would release um... not many. I for one like the idea of Shamelees eyeing up a film they like the look of(OOP or non UK release in particular) and slapping a yellow cover on it and getting the film out to the masses. But Pete is correct that if an import knocks spots off the domestic issue and is reasonably similar in price the local issue will have trouble shifting.
Funny thing is that i import UK releases of many movies that are already released and widely available on Swedish DVD because of the fact that UK dvds are alot cheaper in price, a new Swedish dvd generally costs 180 kronor plus shipping, which is about 17 pounds plus shipping*, thats way too much for a DVD in my opinion, especially considering that Swedish dvds usually dont have many extras and sometimes shitty coverarts as well, and i get free delivery from play.com on UK dvds, which means i pay the same price as you people do
And for Dellamorte Dellamore i already have it on German DVD from Laser Paradise, i will not buy it on DVD again, so for me it will be the Italian blu-ray instead, sorry. But i do buy all Shameless releases of movies that i dont already have on DVD!

* i live in a small town and the dvd store here only has the latest hollywood crap, if i want to buy dvds of my type of movies in a physical store i will have to go to a bigger city, so for me its mostly online ordering all the way
Old 19th October 2011, 12:32 AM
Cultist

Quote:

Welsh?
Pete likes this.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

i got all excited when I saw the thread!
then saw dvd only

such a shame as this would have been a awesome blu-ray.
damn rioters making us loose chance at this on Blu!!!

Sarah maybe if this sells well on DVD, Shameless could release a blu few months later?

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th October 2011, 01:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

Well, Pete, all I have to say to that is this:

aalsfksgjwrtgjwgjlk4potv,24tiv , [t24b 3=4-b 4o6t3=-6

And I'm not drunk. Just wait till I am. You won't have a ****ing clue what I'm on about.
Pete likes this.
Old 19th October 2011, 06:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

This is awesome news. My favourite label is releasing another wonderful film.

I get rid of my inferior labels, regardless of censorship, and buy Shameless every time

I think I have the Anchor Bay version of this somewhere......will make a good coaster......
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th October 2011, 10:09 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Blu-ray or not, I think this will still sell well here given it's complete absence on DVD (and even sell-thru video) until now. So the savvy horror fans will already own the film (I have the ABUS and Italian Medusa discs) but Rupert Everett has a very big following in the UK, so I'd imagine that this title will cross over quite nicely.

I love this film, by the way - it's Soavi's best and, for me, probably the best Italian horror film of the past 20 years. I'd take it over anything by Argento since TENEBRAE.
platostotal likes this.
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!