Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   A few words from Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dellamorte-dellamore-cemetery-man/7152-few-words-shameless.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:06 PM

Just don't call it Of Death, Of Love. :lol:

keirarts 9th November 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 196333)
The film is best known as Cemetery Man? I'd hardly say that. Really only in a few countries was it called CM.

Sorry to sound so negative Sarah but Dellamorte Dellamore Is The Cemetery Man? It doesn't even make any sense. The characters name is Francesco Dellamorte, not Dellamorte Dellamore.

There, I've said my piece

dellamorte dellamore dosent make any sense. They should call the film CEMETARY MAN as that was the title of the previous u.k release, then do a redemtion and keep the international title in brackets underneath. People who only remember the film from vhs and casual punters wont get turned off by the notion of buying an 'art' movie while surley we cult film fans are capable of dealing with alternate titles?!

Sureley then everyone is happy?

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:11 PM

Nope! :lol: although, It's all swings and roundabouts really, I already have 1 dvd and 2 blu-rays, so I really don't need another.

James Morton 9th November 2011 03:26 PM

Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man > A few words from Shameless

I have the Italian Medusa dvd under its proper title DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE and the R1 Anchor Bay title CEMETERY MAN
Americans (not all of course), but esp. the distributors etc, are ignorant of other languages
Another company didn't change the Spanish horror title ROJO SANGRE with Paul Naschy to name many others.....

Rassilon 9th November 2011 03:26 PM

When I first saw the film it was called Cemetery Man. which I think is a great title. Even those who don't like the title know what film it is. I don't understand why everyone is twisting all the time over this. You know it will have a reverseable sleeve to keep you happy. First it was the lack of BD (which is a fair twist, but the title on the box isn't).
It will help those unfamilair with the film pick it up and take an interest.

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:29 PM

Incidentally, a the majority of my OP is on the reasoning behind the lack of BD and how it might be a possibility in the future for this and other Shameless titles but no one's mentioned it.

Really surprised as I though that would be the thing people would jump on! Especially as the title isn't finalised yet.

:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 196379)
Incidentally, a the majority of my OP is on the reasoning behind the lack of BD and how it might be a possibility in the future for this and other Shameless titles but no one's mentioned it.

Really surprised as I though that would be the thing people would jump on! Especially as the title isn't finalised yet.

:)

You explained the BD issue brilliantly. No more needs to be said. :)

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 196381)
You explained the BD issue brilliantly. No more needs to be said. :)

Did I ever tell you how much I like you?

;)

Seriously, I thought the licensors losing their HD master would have instigated more comment than it has. It certainly got a shocked laugh out of me when Shameless told me!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:40 PM

Apart from saying how ridiculous the losing the master situation is, there's not a lot you can really say/show in the printed word.

A persons reaction to the news and the look on their face and sound of their voice can't be translated to print.

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 196383)
Apart from saying how ridiculous the losing the master situation is, there's not a lot you can really say/show in the printed word.

A persons reaction to the news and the look on their face and sound of their voice can't be translated to print.

Indeed, you are right.

Ah, well, back to the title-issue we go.

Incidentally, I am passing all comments re: the title back to Shameless and they're reading this thread so they'll take all comments into account. :)