Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   A few words from Shameless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dellamorte-dellamore-cemetery-man/7152-few-words-shameless.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 02:54 PM

Oh, and if anyone finds a HD master for the film down the side of the sofa or something, could you let Shameless know please?

;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 196384)
Incidentally, I am passing all comments re: the title back to Shameless and they're reading this thread so they'll take all comments into account. :)

And sitting there saying to themselves... Ungrateful swines! :lol:

Prince_Vajda 9th November 2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 196331)
The title, then, will most probably be something like: Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man with varying degrees of font size and colour. So both titles will be featured on the packaging.

Sorry, but this title arrangement is horrible. It has to be either Dellamorte Dellamore (preferably) or The Cemetery Man, but definitely not both! :nono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 196331)
Now, Shameless have told me that they were initially informed that they would have HD materials as part of their license. However, these were not forthcoming as, it turns out, the licensors managed to lose their only HD master-master (that's not a typo - by "master-master" I mean the ultimate Big Daddy HD master) before the summer and apparently the only copy that's available has audio issues which they are attempting to correct.

Holy smoke! How can such a thing happen? :crazy: Sue those bastards! :mad2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 196383)
Apart from saying how ridiculous the losing the master situation is, there's not a lot you can really say/show in the printed word.

A persons reaction to the news and the look on their face and sound of their voice can't be translated to print.

Yes, they can! Just read some plays written by Shaw or Wilde - with all the stage directions you can really imagine how the faces of Mrs Warren or Lady Windermere look and how they say what they say! :nod:

Greetings!

Daemonia 9th November 2011 03:56 PM

How can you lose the master? What kind of idiots are running the telecine lab over in Rome?

Prince_Vajda 9th November 2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 196399)
How can you lose the master? What kind of idiots are running the telecine lab over in Rome?

Most likely the same people who use DNRS till you've got wax faces and add artificial digital grain afterwards. :tsk:

Greetings!

platostotal 9th November 2011 04:14 PM

Some mock-up artwork might quell the masses:lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 196399)

Did they check behind the fridge? It's almost always there ;)

In regards to the title saga Dellamorte Dellamore AKA Cemetery Man (as gasteropod stated) would work a hell of a lot better. Dellamorte Dellamore is the Cemetery Man just sounds stupid, and make's Shameless appear to be a company who don't have a clue about the titles they are releasing, when this is clearly not the case.

It's great to hear that Shameless are looking into releasing some of their back catalogue on BD, too. With Blue Underground announcing both Night Train Murders and Strip Nude for Your Killer on BD next year, I'd love to see UK releases of these two from Shameless in the trademark yellow cases. Ditto the already released Torso. :nod:

R-T-C Tim 9th November 2011 05:48 PM

The title issue is simple.

On the main side, visible to punters, have Cemetery Man, with Dellamorte Dellamore in small print. On the inside have a complete Dellamorte Dellamore version.

Mojo 9th November 2011 05:52 PM

I'd like to see Shameless follow their own path and release Blu-rays of films that Blue Underground haven't released on BD, such as What Have They Done To Your Daughters?, The Black Cat and Manhattan Baby.

Always keen to hear of new titles too of course.

sjconstable 9th November 2011 06:09 PM

I would like Mrs. Wardh on Blu-ray :)