Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2011, 06:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I'd like to see Shameless follow their own path and release Blu-rays of films that Blue Underground haven't released on BD, such as What Have They Done To Your Daughters?, The Black Cat and Manhattan Baby.

Always keen to hear of new titles too of course.
Agreed.

I mainly mentioned the above titles as it would be a great way for Shameless to save on costs (and in turn hopefully provide us with more UK exclusives and never before released gems in the future) if they could use BU's HD masters.
Old 9th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks for the info Sarah! Very interesting.

I agree with those that hate the title. Dellamorte Dellamore is The Cemetery Man sounds horrible. I also agree with those that suggested a reversible cover that has the different titles on different covers. As we all know from shopping for these titles, shops always seem to use both covers. Well, they do in FOPP.
Old 9th November 2011, 07:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Couldn't they do Cemetery Man on one side and Dellamorte Dellamore on the other. Then use for example Cemetery man as the main cover with a sticker stating the aka title?
BioZombie likes this.
Old 9th November 2011, 07:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Unfortunately, my two favourite Shameless releases are the ones that probably could not be easily upgraded to blu:

Watch me when I kill
The Designated Victim
Old 9th November 2011, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Couldn't they do Cemetery Man on one side and Dellamorte Dellamore on the other. Then use for example Cemetery man as the main cover with a sticker stating the aka title?
That was a similar suggestion to one I thought of. While the film was released here in the UK as Cemetery Man, it was issued by Entertainment in Video only on VHS and only for the rental market. It had a bigger splash in the US under the same name and was released in cinemas, VHS, LaserDisc and later on DVD.

Cemetery Man is definitely a more commercial title and is one that will appeal to casual fans of horror, whereas Dellamorte Dellamore sounds to be a foreign language film. My suggestion would be to have DD printed on the covers with the CM title stickered over it - that way it goes out as the more mainstream product, doesn't run the risk of confusing anyone and keeps the fans happy too.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

To echo others, put 'Cemetery Man' (with Dellamorte Dellamore in brackets underneath) on one side, and 'Dellamorte Dellamore' on the other.

Consider this my vote!
Old 9th November 2011, 10:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Dellamorte Dellamore is the Cemetery Man doesn't sound right to me either, nor does it make sense.
Just put the two titles in a different font, or use AKA, like in Footprints.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think I agree with the general consensus regarding the name. It's just silly.

The less said about the seemingly mixed messages in such a short period of time regarding the Blu-ray issue the better, far be it from me to stir up that 'debate' again, but it can only be a good thing that Shameless are endeavoring to upgrade some of their back catalog, especially as that is in stark contrast to the picture we were painted only days ago. It's good Shameless' fortunes seem to be on the up (insurance payout?). I know another small company (Beez) also affected by the fire, has openly discussed cash flow issues relating to the huge commitment of reprinting stock, so some of this is very welcome news.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Oh, and if anyone finds a HD master for the film down the side of the sofa or something, could you let Shameless know please?

Actually, and pardon my cynicism here, but has it occurred to anyone at Shameless that they haven't lost it all, but are merely trying to get Shameless to stump up more money for a 'new' HD master? If Shameless produce the money, what's the betting the licensor won't create a new HD master at all, but will simply provide the HD master they had all along.

I know, it's very cynical of me, but nothing would surprise me in the murky world of business. I'm sorry, I have a hard time believing they simply lost it. That's ridiculous. Are we really expected to believe this? No lab worth its salt would lose the masters they create, I mean, how far can it go? It must be in the lab somewhere, unless they cart around the masters with them to parties or something. I dunno, sounds all very fishy to me.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 10th November 2011, 01:22 AM
Cultist

"Dellamorte Dellamore is the Cemetery Man" would be a horrible title, there isnt any character in this movie named Dellamorte Dellamore, the name of the actor is Rupert Everett, and the name of the character is Francesco Dellamorte, so it should be eighter "Rupert Everett is the Cemetery Man" or "Francesco Dellamorte is the Cemetery Man"
My suggestion is to have Cemetery Man on one side, and Dellamorte Dellamore on the other side, that would make EVERYONE happy!

Like this? Share it using the links below!