Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2011, 01:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I can picture the new 2011 trailer already... With the deep voiced American guy..

From the man who brought you Dylan Dog...

Dellamorte Dellamore is...

THE CEMETERY MAN!

Makes no sense but still...
Old 10th November 2011, 08:53 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I'd have to echo others regarding the title as you can't have Dellamorte Dellamorte is The Cemetery Man and expect those who know the film to look at it and wonder if Shameless know anything about the film they are releasing.

As has already been suggested, my feeling is Cemetery Man would be the most commercially successful title and the one most likely to appeal to casual buyers in HMV and other retailers (if there are any), so have that as the main title on the main artwork, though with Dellamorte Dellamorte in smaller print at the bottom, perhaps preceded by 'aka'.

The reverse artwork should definitely have Dellamorte Dellamorte as the only title, preferably with an Italian poster or vintage cover art.

As for the more important part of the original post, the more Blu-ray releases, the better and, though I already own the Blue Underground Torso BD and have ordered Night Train Murders and Strip Nude for Your Killer, I'd love to see them released on Yello-ray along with new titles and any older ones which have HD source material at an affordable price.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th November 2011, 09:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yes, I totally agree with Dellamorte Dellamore being in brackets or just as a subheading below the main title Cemetery Man. But Dellamorte Dellamore IS NOT Cemetery Man

As for their releases on BD. I'm not the type to double dip so if BU or Synapse or whoever release a region-free version of a film before the UK version I will just buy the US one. For that reason I'd like to see BD releases of films unreleased elsewhere on BD. I don't mind upgrading my DVDs to BD, so I'm happy to buy BD versions of the Shameless back-catalogue, just as long as they haven't been released elsewhere first.

Just my standpoint

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 10th November 2011, 09:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Shame about the lack of Blu but still good news about a SL release!

And as said before, please please do NOT use that title, it is terrible!
Old 10th November 2011, 09:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Actually, and pardon my cynicism here, but has it occurred to anyone at Shameless that they haven't lost it all, but are merely trying to get Shameless to stump up more money for a 'new' HD master? If Shameless produce the money, what's the betting the licensor won't create a new HD master at all, but will simply provide the HD master they had all along.

I know, it's very cynical of me, but nothing would surprise me in the murky world of business. I'm sorry, I have a hard time believing they simply lost it. That's ridiculous. Are we really expected to believe this? No lab worth its salt would lose the masters they create, I mean, how far can it go? It must be in the lab somewhere, unless they cart around the masters with them to parties or something. I dunno, sounds all very fishy to me.
It's a pretty hefty insinuation, but I think you've got a point there.
After all, Italian licensors don't have a bad reputation for no reason, and what you've written isn't too difficult to imagine!

Losing an HD master in the year 2011 is a very strange thing indeed!

Greetings!

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 10th November 2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10th November 2011, 09:26 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Loosing an HD master in the year 2011 is a very strange thing indeed!

Greetings!
I bet Berlusconi nicked it.

It will be part of his own private collection when he "steps down".
platostotal likes this.
Old 10th November 2011, 12:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
It's a pretty hefty insinuation, but I think you've got a point there.
After all, Italian licensors don't have a bad reputation for no reason, and what you've written isn't too difficult to imagine!

Losing an HD master in the year 2011 is a very strange thing indeed!

Greetings!
I agree, it is a very strange thing indeed. I've heard stories from other people about shenanigans in trying to license Italian films, so nothing would surprise me, really.

I'm not making an outright accusation, it's just speculation. Thought I'd add that before I get sued.
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 10th November 2011, 05:29 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I was waiting patiently for the Shameless Blu Ray, but now I guess I'll be buying the Italian Blu Ray which, by all accounts, is stunning quality.

So thats Tenebre, Bird with the Crystal Plumage and now Dellamorte Dellamore I've bought from elsewhere.

I really, really want to keep my Arrow and Shameless collection complete... but I can't justify buying sub-par copies ... or no copy now in the case of a Blu Ray Dellamorte Dellamore.

A disappointed customer.
Old 10th November 2011, 05:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well, Sarah did say that Shameless haven't yet entirely ruled out the possibility of a Blu-ray, so your disappointment could be a bit premature.
Old 10th November 2011, 06:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I really like Shameless' output on blu, they really seem to have put the effort into their 2 releases thus far. Not fussed about them not releasing the DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE as the German BD is brilliant, the daytime scenes look like they were filmed yesterday (Italian & German released probably have the same transfer?).

I'd like to see something not yet available elsewhere on blu, another exclusive like CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. Anything from HALLOWEEN 3 to HOUSE WITH LAUGHING WINDOWS to STAGEFRIGHT. Anything

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!