Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

No pleasing some people.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and it's fair to criticise a company and it's releases but that's one huge sweeping statement you've just made.

I couldn't agree more with Baseball Fury - Shameless has gone way beyond expectation with some its releases (FOOTPRINTS, OASIS OF FEAR - never released anywhere else before in English) - definitive versions of many others (DESIGNATED VICTIM being a high point for me) and the first HD release of FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET (which is a lovely presentation), so you can't say the company is not going the extra mile to keep fans happy.

Some people are never happy, no matter what it would seem.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:14 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkillingtime View Post
I was wrong that they didn't directly lose the master. Big whoop
It is a big woop when you state that you won't bother getting it because Shameless can't hold onto a master. And as for hoping Shameless go under, you'd really want a company out of the game so someone else can release their films? What would be the benefit of that? A few extra features? Sure, even I was disapppinted that Arrow didn't get Four Flies, as we would've had a better edition extras wise, but I wouldn't want it at the expense of another company going out of business, and I'd feel the same about Arrow, or any other company for that matter.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:45 PM
Cult Rookie

Well I did say I couldn't see why they don't trade releases and let the other company run limited amounts maybe. Tht way they would get more money and those people who are never satisfied could be. But me saying I hope thy go under for my own selfish reasons isn't going to make it so, so u can all calm down.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:59 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Well I did say I couldn't see why they don't trade releases and let the other company run limited amounts maybe. Tht way they would get more money and those people who are never satisfied could be. But me saying I hope thy go under for my own selfish reasons isn't going to make it so, so u can all calm down.

Even though I don't work in the dvd releasing industry (and I assume you don't either) I imagine there's probably 1000 reasons why it wouldn't be beneficial to trade releases with other companies. 1000 reasons which would make more sense than simply satisfying the needs of one person who isn't happy in the lack of an HD release for one film and who selfishly wants to company to go under (people to lose their jobs etc) as a result.

Probably worth remembering that saying and wishing something selfish, even if it has no chance of actually happening, is still a pretty awful thing to do
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 3rd February 2012, 03:10 PM
Cult Addict

Could someone Please show this man the way out.
And FYI, Shameless have arguably done more as a Cult label than Arrow have. I'm still a huge of both but as other people have already given highly valid reasons why I'll let these fine chaps rain on your parade. Twit.

DVD and BD collection
Old 3rd February 2012, 03:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
While I understand the reasons why a Blu-Ray release isn't in the cards at the moment, it is disappointing, as I already have the Anchor Bay DVD and would have loved to have upgraded it. If circumstances change and Shameless is able to release a Blu-Ray, it's one I would certainly grab.
Have to say I've not seen the AB release but the picture quality for the trailer on the Four Flies Blu Ray was mightily impressive.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I have all the current Arrow releases and was thinking on starting on the Shameless set of 3. but after seeing that they cant even keep a HD copy safe i think ill probably just wait, as for no-one else being able to release copies of Shameless's exclusives, i dont mean to wish bad luck upon anybody but hopefully shameless will go under and have to sell there HD masters, then hopefully Arrow will pick them up and do the packaging justice. Also i dont see why Shameless and Arrow cant trade materials, clearly the best option for both companies. im sure there are Shamless enthusiasts.
don't feed the troll.
Old 6th February 2012, 06:30 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
While I understand the reasons why a Blu-Ray release isn't in the cards at the moment, it is disappointing, as I already have the Anchor Bay DVD and would have loved to have upgraded it. If circumstances change and Shameless is able to release a Blu-Ray, it's one I would certainly grab.
I have the R1 Anchor Bay and R2 Medusa dvds and have pre-ordered the Shameless dvd of DD
not complaing about not having the blu ray
Old 6th February 2012, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It wasn't Shameless who lost the master, it was the licensors. Get your facts straight before saying you hope a company goes under.
What a big thing to get lost...maybe someone else found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Arguably Shameless have done ten times more for cult/horror fans in this country than Arrow.

Baba Yaga?

Footprints?

New York Ripper resubmission?

The House On The Edge of the Park resubmission?

Cannibal cocking Holocaust?!?!

Four Flies?

Idiot.
Bare Behind Bars?

Blood Feast 2?

Deadly Blessing?

Frankenhooker?

Inferno???

Island of Death???

Macabre?

Martin (italian cut)???

Phenomena???

Silent Night, Deadly Night???

Slaughter High???

Street Trash???

The Beyond???

The House by the Cemetery???

Vamp???

Since given the right to offend the other by calling him IDIOT... what about it you MORON
Old 6th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Since given the right to offend the other by calling him IDIOT... what about it you MORON
What does that even mean?
Grammer is your freind, BTW.
But to be fair some of the titles on your list are fair enough.
BBB, Macabre, and Slaughter High have all seen very few releases over the years.
But on the other hand, Oasis of Fear, Footprints, Baba Yaga, and Four Flies haven't seen a release ANYWHERE up-until Shameless did there magic.

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!