Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2012, 12:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
My two DD copies came from Amazon a few weeks ago, both with the discs loose inside the cases! Needless to say, they were swiftly sent back and credit to the above retailer for posting me out replacements even before i returned the initial defective items.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but my copy of DD seems to "stutter" for lack of a better word. The image doesn't move smoothly, but more with a jerky motion, hard to describe but it's practically unwatchable... anyone else notice this?
Old 28th March 2012, 07:37 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudstein View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but my copy of DD seems to "stutter" for lack of a better word. The image doesn't move smoothly, but more with a jerky motion, hard to describe but it's practically unwatchable... anyone else notice this?
Mine does it too. stutters every second, as if it's been transferred at the wrong frame rate or something. Didn't want to mention it. Last time I commented on the same thing with some of the extras on certain Arrow blu-rays, I got moaned, at, told I would hurt sales by mentioning it, and told it must be my player (both of them, and my cousins!).
Old 28th March 2012, 07:37 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
I don't own this (dellamorte...) release, but I know what you mean and it's the same with the Baba Yaga DVD.
Old 28th March 2012, 08:09 PM
Cult Rookie

I compared it with the US and Italian DVD's and none of those have this problem, very strange. I also checked Baba Yaga and that looks fine, no stuttering. It's so noticeable I can't imagine none of the reviewers picked up on it, provided it's a transfer issue and not just a faulty copy... damn, I hate it when this happens.

edit: to be sure I hooked up my back-up player (Pioneer, my main one is a Panasonic BD player) and it also stutters on that one

Last edited by Freudstein; 28th March 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 29th March 2012, 08:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't have DD yet, but my Baba Yaga DVD plays just fine.
Old 30th March 2012, 03:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Yep - happens on my copy as well; the stuttering particularly noticeable in the scenes following the motorbike accident and the funeral.
Old 30th March 2012, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't remember noticing anything like that on my copy, I'll give it a spin later to check
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th March 2012, 05:27 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I noticed it straight away. Same thing happened with the extras on the UK Payback blu-ray. Since all these things seem to stutter every second, it's got to be something to do with the frame-rate.
Old 30th March 2012, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I just realised I haven't watched my copy yet!

I'll give it a watch over the weekend and see how bad the 'stuttering' problem is.

Like this? Share it using the links below!