Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)

Poll: Which is the best artwork panel?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which is the best artwork panel?

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2012, 07:29 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Has to be the first one. The 2nd is not great at all. He has a look of Pete Steele (R.I.P) OF Type O Negative in that 2nd one.

steele_01.jpg
Old 6th February 2012, 07:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Thank God, Gojirosan! I knocked up a mock cover for this film (see attached) and even though it's not to be taken seriously at least it's not just swiped off the first image that pops up when you google Dellamorte Dellamore! C'mon guys, you could all wang these photo montage pieces up in 20 minutes with photoshop after even the most rudimentery training. I'm not having a go at Shameless who after all have to turn a profit but if everyone is as chuffed with tired old film stills on their covers as you dudes appear to be then I better go back to flipping burgers!
I really like your painting, but wow, that's harsh.
Old 6th February 2012, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

First panel, without a doubt.
Old 6th February 2012, 08:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Hi Nosferatu!
You're right of course. When I read it back just now it looked a whole lot nastier than was intended. Of course I've had many a kicking on Cult Labs over various cover designs (I'm still hobbling after Inferno and Bay of Blood!)so thought I'd lob one in myself! I'd never criticise another artists work but of course this wasn't artwork so I didn't think I'd cause any offense. Sorry if I did.
Old 6th February 2012, 08:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post

The gun kinda looks like his penis is popping out a little at a glance...
Old 6th February 2012, 09:37 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Can't say I do tbh. What is it with Rick's fascination with tits and arse on every cover/painting?
Old 6th February 2012, 10:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
What is it with Rick's fascination with tits and arse on every cover/painting?
Freud would have a field day.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Can't say I do tbh. What is it with Rick's fascination with tits and arse on every cover/painting?
Well, this was a quickie that I knocked up as a bit of fun after someone posted that Rick Melton would simply paint Anna Falchi with her tits out for The Cemetery Man. Of course you only have to skip back through all the comments on this thread to see why commercial artists are encouraged to sex their covers up although admittedly I appear to have been encouraged more than most!. Having said that, of my last six covers only one has any T&A to speak of. I did do an experiment recently with a Humanoids of the Deep illustration done for The DarkSide magazine. I did one with the girl's bikini top on and one with it off and advertised both prints on Ebay. The bikini one sold zero prints, the topless one 26! Nowadays I do censored and uncensored versions of most covers and the last 3 posters I did for American distributors all had NSFW versions because that's what they requested. Incidentally, it's not as though I sit at my drawing board salivating at the thought of getting stuck into another screeching great pair of tits. I want to get my covers done as fast as possible and it's a lot easier to paint women dressed!
Old 7th February 2012, 10:09 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's really interesting insight into the supply and demand world of cult art. Seemingly, as the cliche goes, sex sells!

Going back to your earlier post, I actually quite like the 'big arse' Inferno cover as well as the painting for A Bay of Blood.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:55 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
That's really interesting insight into the supply and demand world of cult art. Seemingly, as the cliche goes, sex sells!

Going back to your earlier post, I actually quite like the 'big arse' Inferno cover as well as the painting for A Bay of Blood.
Well yes sex does sell but I don't put it on as many illustrations as people think, maybe one in five, and never unless I'm asked to or the film is best sold that way. Saying I put too many tits on my covers is like saying The Dude puts too many guns on his! These are the jobs we are given. Obviously if I'm given Phenonema then I'll treat it with respect but hand me Caligula and I'll slather it in hooters! Strangely though, people appear more offended by sexy paintings than sexy photos. After all it's not as though I posted Anna Falchi all perky nipped and straddling some guy in a graveyard! Compared to the Shameless cover my mock up is pure Disney!
By the way, if I get time I'll dig up the initial rough sketches I did for Bay of Blood. After all the hullabaloo over Inferno I decided they were too sexual in nature and went for the head/tentacle thing and wound up getting smacked down even harder!

Like this? Share it using the links below!