Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   Michele Soavi (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dellamorte-dellamore-cemetery-man/8064-michele-soavi.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th February 2012 12:46 PM

Michele Soavi

All hail the Saovi!

Here's a thread for all things Michele Soavi, who not only acted in several favourite cult films, but also directed some incredible films. Obviously, responsible for Dellamorte Dellamore, Soavi also directed Stagefright, The Church and The Devil's Daughter.

He also can be seen in some of the best slices of Italian cinema from City Of The Living Dead to A Blade In The Dark and Opera! :faint: He also seems to have quite a few uncredited roles in some other greats such as New York Ripper and Tenebrae!

So what does everyone think of his films? Seen many? What about his roles?

-----------------------------------------

Shameless' Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man) is out now on DVD and can be ordered from here:

- Amazon

- HMV

- Play

Pete 27th February 2012 02:54 PM

He worked for Joe D'Amato and appeared in CALIGULA: THE UNTOLD STORY (in which he has his tongue cut off and his tendon's sliced), ENDGAME (which he co-wrote and was assistant AD), ABSURD, ATOR and later directed STAGEFRIGHT for D'Amato's company Filmirage.

He also appeared in the brilliant BLASTFIGHTER and RAIDERS OF ATLANTIS.

wongfeihung62 27th February 2012 05:01 PM

I would love to see decent DVD or BD releases of Stagefright and La Chiesa over here.

Gojirosan 27th February 2012 06:07 PM

His excellent Noir crime flick Arrivederci Amore, Ciao NEEDS a release over here. It's his best film* and I urge you to track down the Thai DVD release if you haven't seen it already.

*Though I have not seen the Italian TV films or Blood Of The Losers yet!

Beyond72 28th February 2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 220273)
What about his roles?

I think he looks like James Dean.

:tongue1:

keirarts 28th February 2012 08:08 AM

I enjoyed his brief role in city of the living dead and got a real kick out of seeing him in alien 2!

As for his directing work. Well some may disagree, but I consider soavi to be the last truley great genre director in italy (though I hope one day the industry may return!)

My faves.

1.The church.
2.dellamorte dellamore (LOVE the new shameless release)
3.Stagefright.
4.The sect.

Vampix 28th February 2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 220478)
I think he looks like James Dean.

:tongue1:

If you can imagine James Dean getting his brain ripped out of his skull by a zombified priest! :eek: :D

Demoncrat 28th February 2012 10:28 AM

love Stagefright to death, and its always fun pointing him out to civillians etc. Thai dvd ahoy then it seems!