Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Designated Victim
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Ex-member

I really didnt like those terrible quality parts that were added to it. For me personally I'd rather watch the movie without them if the picture quality is that bad.
Old 10th March 2011, 06:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yeah, I sort of know what you mean. I love the fact that in cases like this Shameless have put together the most complete version of the film but the change in quality sometimes takes me out of the film a little.

I've no idea how much it would cost but in cases like this would seamless branching be an option so you can watch the film without the extra scenes inserted or would it cost too much or would it just be seen as a waste of time?
Old 19th January 2015, 10:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just finished watching this. Very enjoyable really had me frustrated with Count Matteo by the end of it

I really liked the ending also and the effort of Shameless with all the extra scenes they seem to have uncovered which watching it for the first time seems to have been quite alot. I know this might sound strange but i like when there is a difference in quality with extra scenes because it lets me know whats been added
Old 19th January 2015, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I honestly can't remember a thing about this film.

I'll have to give it another watch shortly.

In fact i'll watch it now.
Old 20th January 2015, 03:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Well i did watch it.

I really wasn't impressed to be honest. Although it's a thriller, to me it isn't a giallo. Basically a piss poor rehash of Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train with a bloke that looks like Russell Brand, and if you watch the English dub, sounds like Russell Brand.

Excellent score though.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 20th January 2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 20th January 2015, 06:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Well i did watch it.

I really wasn't impressed to be honest. Although it's a thriller, to me it isn't a giallo. Basically a piss poor rehash of Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train with a bloke that looks like Russell Brand, and if you watch the English dub, sounds like Russell Brand.

Excellent score though.
I have never seen Strangers On A Train so i cant comment on it. That Russell Brand destroys everything he touches
Old 20th January 2015, 08:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Whereas House With Laughing Windows I got really into Vicitim I just didn't like. I know Shameless put out the best version possible hence the varying picture quality but I just found it a really dull film. Sorry to those whom love it but I don't.
Old 24th January 2015, 06:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Didn't realise that the actor, Pierre Clémenti, who played Matteo, also starred in Belle De Jour. He looked a lot different without the Russell Brand hair.

Like this? Share it using the links below!