Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1960's

Like Tree190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2012, 05:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Currently £11.45 from Zavvi, thanks to BAKA for the tip
The Devil Rides Out - Double Play (Blu-Ray and DVD) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th October 2012, 05:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The vic Rides Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Currently £11.45 from Zavvi, thanks to BAKA for the tip
The Devil Rides Out - Double Play (Blu-Ray and DVD) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com
at that price i think ill eat my words and buy it
Rik, keirarts and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 13th October 2012, 05:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Again, (and last time I promise! ) all complaints of tampering aside, its a very good 'version' of the film and worth checking out.
VicDakin and Rik like this.
Old 13th October 2012, 05:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
I had all 3 of the Studio Canal sets on order from Zavvi for £14.95 each so I'm saving over a tenner by cancelling and re-pre-ordering from them.

N.B Curse of Frankenstein is still £14.95, which I'm pleased about as mine is heading my way via carrier pigeon
keirarts and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th October 2012, 05:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Again, (and last time I promise! ) all complaints of tampering aside, its a very good 'version' of the film and worth checking out.
hey its all good,if the tampering is bad ill blame the devil,if it looks good ill throw some praise at the big beardy guy in the sky,sorted.
keirarts likes this.
Old 17th October 2012, 03:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Mark Kermode seems to be a big fan...

Don't forget this is out on Monday! Eeek!
Rik and oaxaca like this.
Old 17th October 2012, 03:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I haven't watched that vid yet, but I'm betting he manages to sneak an Exorcist reference in there!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:52 PM
Blogs Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't watched that vid yet, but I'm betting he manages to sneak an Exorcist reference in there!
The day he doesn't the Tower of London will fall down.

Out Now - The Devil Rides Out Official UK Hubsite - Cult Laboratories
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 22nd October 2012, 03:49 PM
Cult Rookie

I thought i'd put my opinion out there for what it's worth.

I watched it on Saturday and thought the transfer was excellent for it's age, i have to confess to being pretty pissed off when i found out that some digital tinkering had taken place, it immediately threw up memories of the Star Wars films and the E.T. 20 anniversary edition but thankfully my fears were unfounded no such treatment was meted out to this film, the original optical effects are there but they have been given a bit of a digital polish so the inconsistencies in the effects are less noticeable, i suppose when you're restoring a film frame by frame after giving it a 4k scan and transfering it in it's correct frame rate in HD things are going to show up more, if like my generation you first saw it on TV in the early 80's in a washed out print and on a 21" goldfish bowl TV you could get away with a little inconsistency here and there and not too many people are going to notice but now we are watching these films on large HD TV's restored and cleaned up we are going to notice straight away, that coupled with the fact that the people involved with making the film were never happy with the effects and were rushed and unfinished i think in this instance that the tinkering could be forgiven, but i know many will angrily disagree with me but i would urge people to see it before judging.
Old 22nd October 2012, 04:48 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
I thought i'd put my opinion out there for what it's worth.

I watched it on Saturday and thought the transfer was excellent for it's age, i have to confess to being pretty pissed off when i found out that some digital tinkering had taken place, it immediately threw up memories of the Star Wars films and the E.T. 20 anniversary edition but thankfully my fears were unfounded no such treatment was meted out to this film, the original optical effects are there but they have been given a bit of a digital polish so the inconsistencies in the effects are less noticeable, i suppose when you're restoring a film frame by frame after giving it a 4k scan and transfering it in it's correct frame rate in HD things are going to show up more, if like my generation you first saw it on TV in the early 80's in a washed out print and on a 21" goldfish bowl TV you could get away with a little inconsistency here and there and not too many people are going to notice but now we are watching these films on large HD TV's restored and cleaned up we are going to notice straight away, that coupled with the fact that the people involved with making the film were never happy with the effects and were rushed and unfinished i think in this instance that the tinkering could be forgiven, but i know many will angrily disagree with me but i would urge people to see it before judging.
This is what I've been saying since I saw it at grimmfest!
Make Them Die Slowly and Rik like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!