Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Don't Torture a Duckling (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SHAM033 – Don’t Torture a Duckling: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dont-torture-duckling/4489-sham033-don-t-torture-duckling-archive-conversation.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th January 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 124661)
No news yet but I'm sure there will be lots during the next five months or so until release!

Is it really that far away? Oh, the agony of waiting begins again but it is fortunate that there are so many titles from Shameless and Arrow to fill the void and numb the pain a bit!

slaghammer 28th January 2011 11:37 AM

Amazing film, great news!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th January 2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 124666)
Fantastic news; one of my favourite gialli. :woot:

It's one of my favourite gialli too and a film that I considered one of the five titles that are 'essential viewing' when I wrote my What Is a Giallo? article.

Mojo 28th January 2011 12:10 PM

Excellent news! :clap:

I have the old ABUS dvd but I'll be buying the Shameless release without a doubt! :nod:

bedorca 28th January 2011 12:11 PM

Can we expect BBFC trouble with this title? :censored:

Especially the "Orange Juice" scene?

Fingers crossed :pray:

Mbarr 28th January 2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 124677)

Especially the the "Orange Juice" scene?

EEK!...there may also be a second "Lizardgate" :lol:

Nemesis 28th January 2011 12:38 PM

This is terrific news :clap: - I was thinking about importing the BU disc, but now I'll wait. Great choice, Shameless :woot:

As well as the Italian track, a blu of this would be even better ;)

zombie pony 28th January 2011 01:19 PM

Very nice announcement. Easily the best Fulci effort I've seen. I was blown away when I watched this years ago so it'll be lovely to revisit the film. I'm sure it'll do very well.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th January 2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 124676)
I have the old ABUS dvd but I'll be buying the Shameless release without a doubt! :nod:

Same here although the Anchor Bay one will do me for the next five months!
Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 124677)

Especially the the "Orange Juice" scene?

I can't imagine the BBFC will object to the title -- its not likely early 1980s when anything with 'cannibal' or 'torture' was immediately banned all subject to scrutiny by Thatcher's government.

As for the more contentious scene, I don't think there'll be too much trouble getting through Soho Square as times have moved on and it really shouldn't be against any of their policies and guidelines. I hope I'm right as it would be terrible to have this in a cut form, given how popular it is likely to be.

Peter Neal 28th January 2011 02:18 PM

A persoanal fave of mine, so I'm really looking forward to this opportunity for an upgrade from the BU disc.:)