Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Don't Torture a Duckling
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2011, 07:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I hope this will be a new transfer as the one used by AB/BU is from 2000 (or earlier).
Old 28th January 2011, 07:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Duckling would be prime Blu material too..
Old 28th January 2011, 07:59 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Sure would
Old 28th January 2011, 08:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
It should be but I imagine Shameless would want it to sell by the shed load on DVD so that future Blu-ray releases, possibly this included, have the right financial backing. Personally, if it sells well, I wouldn't rule Blu-ray out.
Old 28th January 2011, 08:48 PM
Ex-member

Not wanting to repeat myself (oh alright then! ) if this carries the Italian track with subs (also the English for those that want it) it will sell loads worldwide...there are many forums over the years with people desiring this in Italian...If Shameless deliver those folk will bite!...I'm sure there's no need for worry though as I'm sure Almar is on our side with this (with both Arrow & Shameless we're getting Italian lang on all releases now down to our requests & his input with the suits!) for anyone who's not seen it?...your in for a treat...it is violent though not overtly (one sequence in particular is shocking & heartbreaking at the same time) it's filmed beautifully & by Giallo standards it comes across as a much more serious piece than any of it's contemporaries...there's no tits n slash here! (although there is female nudity as Barbara Bouchet's in it!)...Florinda Bolkan too gives a wonderful performance...what's more to love!
Old 28th January 2011, 11:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Fantastic, one I've never seen before so I'm really looking forward to this.

You make it easy.
Old 29th January 2011, 08:42 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Barbara Bouchet is great in this one as well.
Old 30th January 2011, 07:21 PM
Cultist

Oh yeah. This couldn't be released at a better time. After having bought:

Lizard In A Woman's Skin
Footprints
Flavia The Heretic
Last House On The Beach

And DVDR-ing Some Girls, Bolkan is becoming one of my favourite cult actresses. God bless all the good folks at Shameless. June is going to be a long time coming.
Old 30th January 2011, 08:57 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
Fantastic news It's one of Fulci's best films...please please please have Italian lang/English subs (if so this will be a BIG seller worldwide)
Yeah it would be really great to have that - the English, well American, dub is pretty ropey - especially the children's dialogue.

But I'm really happy about this 'cos Florinda's in it! - of course it does get (SPOILER!) really traumatic later...
Old 30th January 2011, 09:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Great choice and one of Fulci's best films, I hope the dvd will include the deleted scene from the Italian dvd and possibly both English and Italian audio tracks.

Let's hope for Seven Notes In Black next!
Yeah - that would make for an interesting double bill - kind of a repeated crap special effect double bill - but they are both really good films.

I haven't heard about the deleted scene from the Italian dvd - is it cool?

Also I'm interested that so many of you rate Flavia - I was a bit underwhelmed
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!